Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > First storage train on west end of CSX Illinois sub

Date: 04/29/17 09:46
First storage train on west end of CSX Illinois sub
Author: Fireman424

this morning the first storage train operated on the old B&O Illinois sub. Train consisted of an AC4400 and an SD-40-2GP-30 slug set and several hundred cars. Train will run around and shove back to end of track at Shattuc, IL where the diamond has been removed with the BNSF. Thanks to Conrail Mike for waking me up I never heard the train outside my house.
Randy Allard
1. train grinds up the hill under Illinois route 159 in Fairview Heights, IL
2.Train rolls across State street at the east end of Carbon siding in OFallon, IL
3.Train passes through downtown OFallon, IL passing the signal maintainer who just flagged this crossing.

Date: 04/29/17 09:56
Re: First storage train on west end of CSX Illinois sub
Author: amanwtf

6461 is a GP(not SD)40 locomotive.

Date: 04/29/17 10:13
Author: Fireman424

sorry typo thinking geep typing SD

Date: 04/29/17 11:54
Author: GP30Frank

I believe #7790 is actually a CW40-8 . The rear radiator ( top ) has been altered .

Date: 04/29/17 18:56
Author: JLinDE

What do you mean about "several hundred cars"? And what types of cars were they other than the ones shown? It would really be nice to know. The new CS admin must have some knowledge that the economy is slowing down,

Date: 04/29/17 19:02
Author: JLinDE

sorry, I read the earliest post first. So I guess the train had 200 car departing origin yard. Still curious why cars are being stored now.

Date: 04/29/17 19:38
Author: scraphauler

JLinDE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you mean about "several hundred cars"? And
> what types of cars were they other than the ones
> shown? It would really be nice to know. The new CS
> admin must have some knowledge that the economy is
> slowing down,

You give EHH too much credit. Parking is independent of market or economic conditions. Edict it to park 25,000 cars, regardless of car type or need, by end of Summer. Accessible portions of Illinois sub will be filled first. Cars are being marshalled in Russell, Queensgate, and Avon - plan is for each yard to send a train every third day, so that 1 train a day is descending on the Illinois Sub. Car Managements job is to get the cars parked ASAP. It's Marketing's problem to deal with any ramifications due to car shortages. Make$ those of u$ owing and willing to owe car$ all the more de$arable

Date: 04/30/17 06:18
Author: tihess

JLinDE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you mean about "several hundred cars"? And
> what types of cars were they other than the ones
> shown? It would really be nice to know. The new CS
> admin must have some knowledge that the economy is
> slowing down,

The new guy has knowledge in stock prices and dividends... The rest be damned

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/17 06:19 by tihess.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0713 seconds