Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Chicago Line - Ohio

Date: 04/29/17 18:00
NS Chicago Line - Ohio
Author: NKP-PRR

Noticed over the past few weeks that NS has been working on cutting in the new signals across the Chicago Line.
Last summer contractors were busy setting foundations and erecting some of the new signals. Nice to see the new signals but sad to see the old NYC tri-lights come down.

I did notice that these newer signals are much easier to see. While driving across N. Ridge Road (MP210), I was able to clearly see CP212 to the west. With the old style, very difficult to see them.

Just wanted to give anyone interested an update.

-Dave
Amherst, OH

Date: 04/29/17 19:44
Re: NS Chicago Line - Ohio
Author: bath_wildcat

Campbell St. in Sandusky still stands. NYC tri lights, however I cannot see them too well. It will be sad to see them come down, however I hope I can see the new ones from my vantage point.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/29/17 19:50
Author: jbohdan2

Slowly but surely, the old guards are falling, but there are a few that remain as they have been for decades as the attached shots show.

Date: 04/30/17 08:41
Author: NKP-PRR

My family has some slides of those same style brackets but with both track signals.

Mike - - - still waiting on those pictures of the Port Clinton river bridge!

Date: 04/30/17 09:32
Author: bath_wildcat

NKP-PRR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My family has some slides of those same style
> brackets but with both track signals.
>
> Mike - - - still waiting on those pictures of the
> Port Clinton river bridge!

Hoping I can get those for you this June when I head home to Lima for a wedding. Right now with my work schedule it will be impossible to get them until then.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0305 seconds