Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Recent visit to the SRNJ in Winslow Twp. (NJ)

Date: 05/16/17 19:49
Recent visit to the SRNJ in Winslow Twp. (NJ)
Author: OCtrainguy

After my catch with the Cape May Seashore Lines on May 6th (https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,4291541), I headed up to Winslow Township to photo the Southern Railroad of New Jersey and the three pieces of equipment that are heading to the Reading & Northern. Upon arrival, I noticed a lack of engines for the SRNJ. As I later learned, NS brought in a stone train during the overnight and the SRNJ brought a section of the train to Pleasantville. However, I didn't come away empty handed. Here are some photos.

1. Some of the stone hoppers from the NS 62X train. These cars on the on the former Reading line, current Conrail Shared Assets Beesley Point Secondary. The bridge in the background is the former PRR line, current New Jersey Transit Atlantic City Line. At left under both bridges was the CNJ Southern Division Main Line (from Red Bank to Bridgeton).
2. The NS power from the stone train laying over
3. Former Susquehanna RDC heading to the Reading & Northern

A few more photos to follow.

Date: 05/16/17 19:53
Re: Recent visit to the SRNJ in Winslow Twp. (NJ)
Author: OCtrainguy

Continuing the photos...

4. One of the F7A units going to the Reading & Northern
5. The other F7A unit for the Reading & Northern
6. The nose of one of the F7A units

After these photos, I had to head to my daughter's orchestra concert. The RDC and F units may have been shipped pit from Winslow Twp, but someone else would need to verify that. Hope you enjoy!

Date: 05/16/17 20:16
Re: Recent visit to the SRNJ in Winslow Twp. (NJ)
Author: CPR_4000

Interesting. The units appear to have Reading numbers . . . would be nice to see the F's in RDG black and green.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0405 seconds