Home Open Account Help 232 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > US-24 Wabash Grade Crossing Henry Co. OH

Date: 05/18/17 11:16
US-24 Wabash Grade Crossing Henry Co. OH
Author: Deshlerrailfan

The rails are gone. It's good and bad. Liberty Center is now cut off but there will be no more confusion of what the word EXEMPT means at this former grade crossing.

Date: 05/18/17 13:18
Re: US-24 Wabash Grade Crossing Henry Co. OH
Author: halfmoonharold

Wow, I thought they still used this occasionally. What about car storage east of the crossing? Can that be accessed from Liberty Center? I'm not familiar with the operations there.

Date: 05/18/17 16:02
Re: US-24 Wabash Grade Crossing Henry Co. OH
Author: farmer

halfmoonharold Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, I thought they still used this occasionally.
> What about car storage east of the crossing? Can
> that be accessed from Liberty

Center? I'm not
> familiar with the operations

Was being used for a customer at Liberty Center to unload firebrick for North Star Steel toward the end.
One of the last moves across the highway caused a fatality when a driver did not stop for stopped traffic from a train that just cleared. I would think this may have pushed the issue of closing the crossing as the state offered the railroad money to remove several crossings. So now Liberty Center is without rail service but the rail is not being removed between crossings in case of future development.
At one time a plan was made to build a connection track between the I&O and the former Wabash. Never happened and I would say the diamond has also been removed again.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0278 seconds