Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Even in the rain she looks great...the NS F7 locomotives.

Date: 05/24/17 17:30
Even in the rain she looks great...the NS F7 locomotives.
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Another great weather day here in northern Ohio; the NS OCS train comes back on her eastward journey back to Altoona, Pa. The heavy rain had stopped just prior to her arriving at our photo spot. Had information that quite a few of the NS police force was out in full force due to the train. As luck would have it myself, daughter and friend from NS who works out of Shire Oaks were approached by Officer Kirk of the NS police force. We were just getting ready to leave after getting our pictures at Burden Road N.E. He was actually mandated to work an extra twelve to keep ahead of this NS OCS per the NS higher ups. Very polite gentleman; he reminded us to not park on railroad property when out railfanning even though we were on the road. First picture is from Greenbower Road and second picture is from Burden Road N.E. He also informed us the NS CEO and just about everyone else that mattered were on the train. He was happy to see the train going back home as that meant he could do the same. Have a good Thursday all...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/17 17:34 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 05/24/17 17:49
Re: Even in the rain she looks great...the NS F7 locomotives.
Author: Thoroughbred-Ed

Great Pictures !

Thanks for Sharing !

Eddie Durnwald
Fostoria, Ohio

Date: 05/24/17 17:53
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Wow, Bruce, great photo's. And yes, also in Rootstown as well, officer Kirk came by and just mentioned to me to watch for railfans and not go out on the tracks. Well for me, I'm never near the tracks. I like getting vantage points of farther away because I like to get the whole train or engine in the photo - https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,4301624

Date: 05/25/17 14:41
Author: bath_wildcat

Got both in Sandusky, Ohio around 2 hours apart from each other. Nice pics there Carl.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 05/25/17 15:19
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds