Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Roll call with the 22W...

Date: 06/15/17 09:42
Roll call with the 22W...
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Saw that the NS 22W went past Chesteron, Indiana at around 2100 last night. Usually twelve hours from Chesteron a train will hit Leetonia, Ohio. I went out to Alliance to wait on it when I got a text from FEC2000 that it will be stopping at Bandy Road; just east of Alliance, Ohio. Then I received another message from my friend who works for NS that he will be the engineer on the 22W once relieved at Bandy Road. I pulled up to Bandy Road and was greeted there by him as we waited on the 22W. He was called out to relieve the 12V originally which they took to Conway then was cabbed back to take the helper locomotives (to the right of the 22W) back to Conway. The one engine was dead; he was then asked to engineer (he is a conductor as well) the 22W to Conway. I have a lot of respect for train crews as they do not seem to have a set schedule.First picture of crews exchanging information, number two is 22W passing the helper set that was DIW and thirdly is the train getting up to speed...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/17 10:00 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 06/15/17 09:44
Re: Roll call with the 22W...
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Just a few more and the last one with my friend just saying hello.

Date: 06/15/17 10:00
Author: WLE2679

Nice catch Carl. The Erie unit looks clean.

Date: 06/15/17 11:26
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Carl, I have to say, the photos you took came out very nice. They must have washed the 1068 recently. Also the 2nd units trailing, is that the Spartan Standard Cab SD70 that a lot of people talk about that's got a rusted paint scheme?

Date: 06/15/17 11:31
Author: NSDash9

cornerfieldhobby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also the 2nd units trailing, is that the Spartan Standard Cab SD70 that a lot of people
> talk about that's got a rusted paint scheme?

The 2545 is one of several NS SD70's that have heavily weathered paint. Here is a photo page showing the 2539, which is even worse:

http://www.nsdash9.com/details/NS2539.html

Chris Toth
NSDash9.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0678 seconds