Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Oh Well, It Was Worth a Try

Date: 06/17/17 20:52
Oh Well, It Was Worth a Try
Author: wabash2800

I'm helping to set up the Wabash Railroad Historical Annual Meeting this year in Bellevue, Ohio for September 8-10. Anyway, I thought I'd see if by any chance we could get the Wabash Heritage Unit down there for at least a brief spell that weekend. I called NS and the people from various departments from Division Superintendent on up were very helpful, professional and cordial and finally directed me to Mr. Neville Wilson in Atlanta.

Yes, I know it's a working unit but Bellevue is the biggest yard on the system with almost direct connections to entire system. I left a message with Mr. Wilson and he did call me back the next day but said it "would not be possible". Oh well, I tried. I wonder if Wick was still on board if the outcome would have been different.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/17 20:58 by wabash2800.

Date: 06/17/17 21:19
Re: Oh Well, It Was Worth a Try
Author: wabash2800

I understand that the Mad River Museum in Bellevue tried to get a Veteran unit and met with the same results. And the museum has a good relationship with NS (or did). (I spoke with the museum manager about my request before I called. He said, "Good Luck".)

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/17 21:36 by wabash2800.

Date: 06/18/17 09:38
Author: toledopatch

There have been several instances of NS Heritage Units being provided for special events (other than the NCTM festival, of course), but by my reckoning most have involved requests by company management for their presence, rather than initiatives by outside groups. I was told early on that NS did not intend to make a practice of providing these engines for purposes like this.

Date: 06/18/17 19:40
Author: RuleG

Sorry that didn't work out, but at least you tried.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds