Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Interesting Track Authority Issued

Date: 07/28/17 05:33
Interesting Track Authority Issued
Author: NSSpike

Picking up a familiar Atlanta dispatchers voice on the radio this morning issuing a Track Authority to MOW personal between Duluth MP612 and Shadow Brook MP605 on the Greenville-Inman district. So the question. Is Atlanta dispatcher desks now covering more of this line northward? Prior to now the Inman / Atlanta Terminal dispatcher only covered north to Ray. I was not able to catch the “Desk ID” but no question the voice was one often heard in and around Atlanta.

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 07/28/17 05:48
Re: Interesting Track Authority Issued
Author: DirtyShirt

Yes, Atlanta is now controlling more territory north toward Greenville. Effective sometime last week they inherited this territory from the Piedmont Division. I'm not sure exactly where the Atlanta and Greenville territories divide. I heard an Atlanta dispatcher giving a track authority between Rowland and Keowee, so Atlanta controls at least that far north now.

Date: 07/29/17 07:32
Re: Interesting Track Authority Issued
Author: steamloco

I'am pretty sure Georgia Div. is controlling all the way to the CP at Haywood just north of Easley SC only about 9 miles south of Greenville. I live near there and now hearing both Atlanta and Greenville dispatchers.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0259 seconds