Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Chicago 47th Street IMF Expansion

Date: 09/20/17 11:59
NS Chicago 47th Street IMF Expansion
Author: StStephen

At NS's Chicago 47th Street IMF the latest Google Maps is showing that a truck bridge has been built over Garfield and new paving in place for truck/chassis parking from Garfield to 57th on the west side of Normal. I have searched for any plans of the expansion online (including trying to find DEIRs or EIRS or other Planning Department documents) but have not been able to find any. My question: will it only be parking south of Garfield or will some of the working ramp tracks bridge across Garfield and extend south? If so, how far? If anyone has seen plans, can you provide a link to where they might be?

Thanks for any information.

Bruce

Date: 09/21/17 07:22
Re: NS Chicago 47th Street IMF Expansion
Author: kevink

Since this is all on private property, all permitting would have gone through the Chicago Department of Buildings' Developer Services group: https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/bldgs/provdrs/dev_svcs.html

I've had a couple of projects that had to go through their process.

Date: 09/24/17 14:51
Re: NS Chicago 47th Street IMF Expansion
Author: StStephen

kevink, looked but could not find any reports/approval documents. I'm sure there must be someway to find it, but multiple searches were fruitless.

Bruce

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0668 seconds