Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > You never know what you might see, surprise Interstate unit

Date: 09/22/17 15:17
You never know what you might see, surprise Interstate unit
Author: VFPNSFAN

I was hoping to catch 39G west bound, but this east bound hopper train came by while I waiting. To my surprise it had the 8105 Interstate unit trailing. Video taken at Railroad Street crossing, Limerick PA.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/22/17 15:22
Re: You never know what you might see, surprise Interstate unit
Author: dschlegel

I was wondering where it go to last night! I saw four trains over the course of maybe two hours head east through Topton last night around the time I would've expected to see it based on the HU posts but none had the 8105. As of late this afternoon Anville, PA was still the last post from last evening.
Nice catch Doug!
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/23/17 05:51

It was train 520. Per a post on FB group PhillyRails, this is a loaded coal train ultimately heading to Germany. Possibly more of these trains in the future.

Thanks Dan, this was the unit you and I talked about a few years ago when it was tucked away at Abrams yard.

Date: 09/23/17 07:01
Author: cornerfieldhobby

I did not know R&N have trinity coal hoppers. Also great surprise catch on the Creamsicle

Date: 09/23/17 07:25
Author: dschlegel

VFPNSFAN Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------
>
> Thanks Dan, this was the unit you and I talked
> about a few years ago when it was tucked away at
> Abrams yard.

I'll never forget that! If I recall there was a BNSF special pint job too!
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/23/17 07:44

Ahh, yes, the BNSF golden swoosh unit was there as well. Visible through the leafless trees bordering the yard at the back end of the oufield of the baseball diamond behind the fire station. Very easy to find LOL.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds