Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Little Story - Total Surprise After Lunch Today

Date: 09/24/17 18:32
Little Story - Total Surprise After Lunch Today
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Here's a little story I'll tell people for a long time that happened to me today Sunday September 24th, 2017. Today I went back down to the CVSR to see the 765 for a 2nd time for me this year. Well after the 1st run of the day, I decided to go eat lunch in Macedonia Ohio. Well after eating lunch, I decided to drive east on Highland Road and crossed the NS Cleveland Line tracks and there was no light and nothing on my scanner. So I drove south and went west on Hines Hill Road and crossed the tracks again and then some talking started to happen with dispatch and a MOW guy to work between CP 102 & 107. Then dispatch said just to watch out for a K coming up behind which I had no clue what that meant. So as I'm driving back west towards the CVSR on Hines Hill Road about 1 mile before Route 8, then I heard dispatch say it's 11K coming. So then I was thinking, I saw a report of a heritage on 11K early this morning before I left home to go down to the CVSR. And recalling, I believe it was 8100. Well I got on the north ramp and headed on Route 8 back to Highland Road in Macedonia and I did not over speed. I went the speed limit because it sounded like 11K was far off. So I turned back down Highland Road and crossed the bridge and saw no light yet. So I pulled down into the Cul-de-sac and got my camera and video camera ready and so I decided to climb the little incline to the overpass and got ready. I waited 4 minutes and then I heard the units approaching but no light yet and then there was the light and there was 8100 trailing 2nd. So even though 8100 was trailing 2nd, it was a total surprise and cool thing that happened today to have the 765 & 8100 in the same general area and also got to see both in one day. Sorry I didn't get a better view and on the wrong side of the sun. If I would of known he was coming, I would of gotten a better video and photo on the west side of the tracks. But because of how this happened, this was all I could get.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/26/17 04:50
Re: Little Story - Total Surprise After Lunch Today
Author: VFPNSFAN

Ironic to me that your story includes the 8100 and 765. The first heritage unit I saw in 2012 was the 8100 coupled to the 765 at Enola yard in Harrisburg. My brother and I were on our way back from Altoona for my 40th bday weekend at the Tunnel Inn. The black and whites in your other post are great, although I really like the last shot I color.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0571 seconds