Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Bad News Notice Shovel Restaraunt Closed Marion Ohio

Date: 11/09/17 23:32
Bad News Notice Shovel Restaraunt Closed Marion Ohio
Author: train544

Hi Guys
As of Tuesday the Shovel Restaurant at Marion Ohio by the station where everybody goes to eat while railfanning
closed up Tuesday due to back sales tax
Tom Boylan

Date: 11/10/17 00:56
Re: Bad News Notice Shovel Restaraunt Closed Marion Ohio
Author: Heath_Tower

Awww.. food was good relative to most taverns and the drinks weren't outrageous in price.

Gotta pay the King's Taxes, though, or Thou wilt suffer the penalty....

Hope all is settled eventually...

Date: 11/10/17 04:34
Author: junctiontower

My Dad and I really enjoyed this place. I hope they get it straightened out.

Date: 11/10/17 05:42
Author: KimHeusel

Date: 11/10/17 09:23
Author: wabash2800

That means employees out of work too... Some of us folks would meet as a group over there when there was an event at the museum. Of course, later in the evening we'd have a barbeque at the museum, which was fun too.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 11/10/17 16:37
Author: toledopatch

There was a restaurant next to the B&O in North Baltimore that also got shut down for non-payment of sales taxes.

What this usually means to me is that the business was already substantially under-water financially, and started paying bills (or payroll) with money that was supposed to go to the tax man. On that basis, I don't ever expect a business foreclosed for such delinquency to make a comeback -- at least, not under the same ownership. The restaurant in North Baltimore closed quite a few years ago and it's been empty ever since.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/17 16:38 by toledopatch.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.029 seconds