Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Reminicing

Date: 11/14/17 08:37
Reminicing
Author: m1bprr

Visited my old stomping grounds yesterday, met up with a friend I grew up with,- we go back to 1955, Red, and I hired out on the PRR New York Region as brakemen as firemen were being eliminated in 1960, I stayed till 1964, Red stayed retiring from the NS.

We met by Sherbans Diner front St crossing (cp Sherbans) South Plainfield, NJ. caught up on old times had breakfast, shot a few trains, all in all a very nice visit. The area back in the Conrail days was our stomping grounds for myself, and a couple of others, we did a lot of night photography there back then, actually the crews knew we were out there, often gave us a horn salute. Great times indeed.
Ed K. cp Laurel Run

Date: 11/14/17 08:38
Re: Reminicing

Red checking out the train.
Ed K.

Date: 11/14/17 08:41
Re: Reminiscing

This is NS / CSX shared assets territory, that power car is for camp cars in the yard at S. Plainfield.
Ed K.

Date: 11/14/17 08:43

So long Red, we will have to do this again Good Lord willing.
Ed K. cp Laurel Run

Date: 11/14/17 08:46

Night photo's from the Conrail days at cp Sherbans.
Ed K. cp Laurel Run.

Date: 11/14/17 08:47
Author: ChessieSystem

Good stuff! Friends and fun are what its all about.
JW

Date: 11/14/17 12:59
Author: jjd0618psd

Hi Ed, I see a diner in the background of your photos. Question. How come most of your photo locations have eating places near them? Only kidding. Thanks for the photos.

Date: 11/14/17 13:21

jjd0618psd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Ed, I see a diner in the background of your
> photos. Question. How come most of your photo
> locations have eating places near them? Only
> kidding. Thanks for the photos.

Sherbans diner aka cp Sherbans was given this name by the Conrail men, many a train making a set off there sent the Conductor in for a take out coffee order.
Ed K.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0762 seconds