Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Hard & Soft

Date: 11/18/17 19:49
NS Hard & Soft
Author: CondorQ7

On a cold Thursday afternoon in Cleveland I was lucky to catch back to back southbound dedicated trains. The location was MP 116 / CP Harvard on the NS Cleveland to Pittsburgh Main. This is in the Broadway - Harvard area of Cleveland. What initially drew me to the site was the Tri - Color Signals. Still operational as the video shows but I believe originally (doing some historical researching) covered the Conrail (Penn - Central) / Newburgh and South Shore / Wheeling & Lake Erie, Diamonds and interchanges, all now removed sometime in the mid 90's. I suspect the upper light on the left and right of the stack of signals with a ā€œCā€ on top were for the crossing. There is a second set of Tri Light signals facing north about 100 yards further north. There are to the East some of the old Wheeling tracks, now Cleveland Commercial Railroad which feed the scrap yards. Just 1/4 mile south the CSX Cleveland Tunnels under the NS main. To the west the Newburgh and South Shore overpasses over Broadway still exist but no trackage remains and the Wheeling tracks have been replaced with a Rail - Trail. In the video, NS 6985, 9078 & 9053 lead an 80 car coil train. Sorry for the shaky video, was just setting up and had to hand hold, windy as well. The odd whining sound at the beginning was from stone cutters working on the church across the street. Following, not more than 20 minutes later, was NS 8169 and 8026 with a nice horn and lights from the engineer. This was an 79 car grain train. Thank you for watching

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/19/17 10:57
Re: NS Hard & Soft
Author: jjd0618psd

Love the sound of those engines pulling those heavy cars. Nice video. thanks for posting

Jack

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds