Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A frozen bridge

Date: 01/09/18 15:59
A frozen bridge
Author: HB90MACH

The bridge over the schuylkill river (first time it has been frozen enough to walk on in years) going from GraysFerry heading to south Philadelphia. CSX and CSAO use it now. A hard bridge to get pics of due to angles. University of Penn built access roads and ball fields making it easy now. BUt low angles and light angles are still tough. As one can see. It holds for a very promising shot in summer light. I just missed a CSAO train. I did what I could for the modelers out there. I got the best grab shots possible. Then went back to doing the job.

Wolfie

Date: 01/09/18 17:23
Re: A frozen bridge
Author: boejoe

Ah yes, the Sure Kill Crawl Way. I remember that bridge well.

And for those T.O. members unfamiliar with the bridge, the line once supported catenary from Arsenal Tower all the way to the South Phila Greenwich Yard via this structure that saw countless GG-1's, P-5's and E-44's haul Pennsy freight trains. It was also the route for special Army-Navy game passenger trains directly to the old Municipal Stadium, re-named JFK Stadium and later demolished.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/18 02:09 by boejoe.

Date: 01/10/18 04:42
Re: A frozen bridge
Author: HB90MACH

Arsenal tower is still there and very easy to get pics of now that the university of penn put a road for thier new buildings back there

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds