Home Open Account Help 201 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX (RF&P) Triple Track

Date: 01/11/18 12:28
CSX (RF&P) Triple Track
Author: rustyr0824

Hello everyone and happy new year.
I was wondering if anyone in the Woodbridge/Stafford/Fredericksburg VA area could provide an update as to how CSX was doing with their triple tracking along the RF&P.

Thanks
Rusty
North Stafford VA
:-)

Date: 01/11/18 12:31
Re: CSX (RF&P) Triple Track
Author: engineerinvirginia

Snails are high speed conveyances by comparison.

Date: 01/11/18 13:47
Author: SpeederDriver

Is the problem actually the mainline, or is it the bottlenecks at each end?

Date: 01/12/18 08:40
Author: rustyr0824

There are others here that could give a more accurate response as to what exactly is the problem.
So yes around DC is a bottle neck and around Richmond is a bottle neck.
I guess I'm wondering about the part in between, especially when it comes to VRE and Amtrak trains.
I think at this point they are triple from Crystal City south to Springfield and pockets are being trippled below that.
Who knows when they will actually be operational though.
Plus in the works is to put platforms on the opposite side.
I guess the response is, it's happening, at a snails pace.
Grin

Date: 01/14/18 14:07
Author: DefectDetector

I visited the area by car two weeks ago after wondering the same question for months. Combined with Amtrak trips on that route, it appears that work has been completed from Arkendale to just south of the Amtrak Station at Quantico where it stops. Nothing has been done through the railroad station to the Quantico Creek although the third track was placed on the bridge. From Possum Point north to the limits of the project at Powells Creek, little has been done except for some clearing. Since the Commonwealth of Virginia is funding much of the project, I reached out to VRE for answers but have received no response. No construction equipment remains on site.

Date: 01/15/18 19:09
Author: Lackawanna484

I noticed a lot of cable and new signal masts going in during 2015 and 2016. It's possible that the work is moving along on a plan, with the new Spotsylvania terminal taking up a lot of track resources.

From personal experience, the right of way gets very crowded between 3 and 5 pm. VRE, Amtrak regionals, CSX intermodals, and the Auto-Train lumbering into the picture. Dispatchers do a good job of managing station stops, running around trains, etc.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds