Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS West Georgia A Few Breaks In The Weather

Date: 02/14/18 04:22
NS West Georgia A Few Breaks In The Weather
Author: NSSpike

Between the cloudy skies and several days of rain it has been difficult to get out track side here in the west Georgia area. But last Thursday and Friday provided a welcomed break from the days of cloudy skies and damp weather. It wouldn't last into the weekend and the chance for any sunny days this week are not in the cards!! A look at the forecast indicates no sunny days for at least the next two weeks!! Reminds me of my days in the Navy when we were in dry dock in Bermerton Washington in the early 70's.

NS Alabama East End District

#1. A short but heavy loaded NS M72 (NEW ORLEANS, LA (UP QLINSL) - LINWOOD, NC) heads east into the siding track at CP Villa Rica MP 669.9.

#2. First time I have photographed anything from this location west of Villa Rica Georgia in the industrial park. Don't normally catch this 6 hour late NS 225 (ATLANTA, GA- LOS ANGELES, CA (UP ZAILC) as it heads west around 11:30am on Thursday. Chaps me that the UP 4017 has been tagged!!!

#3. A midday NS 220 (DALLAS, TX (KCS IDAAT)- ATLANTA, GA) heads east on the mainline midway between CP's Villa Rica and Baggett. This stack is considered the hottest train on the Alabama east/west mainline.

...more to follow....

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 02/14/18 04:23
Re: NS West Georgia A Few Breaks In The Weather

On Friday of last week I headed west to Waco Georgia and set up at the Pilgrim's Waco Feed Mill for a couple of east bound stack trains.

#4. First up with a pair of Belle units is NS 24E (DALLAS, TX (KCS IDAAT2) - ATLANTA, GA) rolling past the busy chicken feed facility.

#5. The KSC 4574, one of only 11 AC4400CW former KCSM gray units still around leads NS 220 (DALLAS, TX (KCS IDAAT)- ATLANTA, GA) east past the feed mill.

#6. Friday's 220 only had a few TFOC's, UPS and FedX containers.

...more to follow....

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 02/14/18 04:24

#7. Running long hood forward the NS #9793 as the sole power leads NS 290 (MCCALLA, AL - CROXTON, NJ) over the recently connected shoofly east of Douglasville Georgia. Douglasville local NS A25 (DOUGLASVILLE, GA. - MUSCADINE, AL. Turn) is tied down on the siding just west of the low speed crossover to the main. The NS overpass of the new SR 92 by-pass will be located here as per the laid out stakes.

#8. Earlier this month I managed to catch a west bound NS 153 (LINWOOD, NC - BIRMINGHAM, AL) as it headed into the siding at Winston Georgia to allow AMTK 19 and NS 225 to pass on the main.

#9. NS 153 ended up in the next siding just a few miles from Winston seen here in the Villa Rica / Baggett siding in downtown Villa Rica Georgia waiting on a west bound that was waiting on AMTK 19 and NS 225. After 30 minutes I threw in the towel.

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 02/14/18 05:01
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

It is disturbing, but those UP 70Ms were in storage for awhile back when traffic had dropped off.....

Date: 02/14/18 07:55
Author: gmojim

Good stuff

gmojim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0547 seconds