Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > SP in Ohio

Date: 02/16/18 18:20
SP in Ohio
Author: NTBolton

Almost, at least. Today, I took a couple hours to chase a rare daylight move of the Indiana & Ohio Railway north of Lima. The train is led by a former Southern Pacific SD45T-2, IORY 9400, still holding its original SP number and paint with the addition of a patch job covering the side lettering and recently added nose markings courtesy of I&O. I caught them at 3 different locations between Leipsic and Cairo, OH on the CSX Toledo Sub.

Photo #1: Coming onto the Toledo Sub at XN Tower just south of Leipsic. All I&O trains running north out of Lima and south out of Leipsic utilize trackage rights on the CSX between Lima to this location.

Photo #2: Opening up the throttle between the B&O CPL signals guarding South Ottawa after clearing a speed restriction.

Photo #3: Rolling underneath the B&O bridge at North Cairo. The train is now roughly 2 miles from where it will return to its own rails at the north end of Lima.

Thank you for viewing.

Nick

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/18 16:39 by NTBolton.

Date: 02/16/18 18:27
Re: SP in Ohio
Author: refarkas

Great photos using the signals to make these images even better.
Bob

Date: 02/16/18 19:06
Author: overniteman

Nice set of images!

Date: 02/17/18 05:06
Author: KimHeusel

Thanks for sharing these images. Also glad you got the CPL signals as they probably won't be around that much longer.

Kim Heusel

Date: 02/17/18 07:35
Author: SCL1517

Why would I&O cover the hood lettering, yet refresh the nose lettering? Odd.

Date: 02/17/18 09:15
Author: SPMemphisFreight

Awesome. Need to make time for a trip to Lima someday soon.

Date: 02/17/18 13:21
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!! My favorite is Pic 3!!

Date: 02/17/18 17:26
Author: bobk

Great shots!

Date: 02/17/18 18:28
Author: Cliffs619

Great shots! I & O also added the bell to the top of nose. SP never had any unit with the bell location there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0505 seconds