Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > George's Creek Railway T6 #101 working - 18 Feb 2018

Date: 02/19/18 00:57
George's Creek Railway T6 #101 working - 18 Feb 2018
Author: DTWilson

George's Creek Railway has a contract with the Verso Corp to switch part of the Paper Mill complex at Luke, MD.

GCK uses their T6 #101 to switch an area within the plant known as the "Clay Hole" a steep siding where different loads of coating product are unloaded. The CSX crew from the WVC Junction brings the loaded cars to Luke for GCK to handle and then take away the empties. CSX still switches other parts of the facility.

Date: 02/19/18 00:59
Re: George's Creek Railway T6 #101 working - 18 Feb 2018

The derail in front of #101 in photo #1 is as far east as GCK comes out of their area of "responsibility".

Date: 02/19/18 01:24
Author: ClubCar

Thanks DTWilson once again. My question is, the other track to the left of the George's Creek switching, isn't that the track that used to be the main line of the former Western Maryland Railway? If my memory serves me right, when I rode the excursion trains on the WM, they went right along side of that paper plant in Luke, Maryland. Am I correct? Thanks for your answer.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 02/19/18 01:35

ClubCar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks DTWilson once again. My question is, the
> other track to the left of the George's Creek
> switching, isn't that the track that used to be
> the main line of the former Western Maryland
> Railway? If my memory serves me right, when I
> rode the excursion trains on the WM, they went
> right along side of that paper plant in Luke,
> Maryland. Am I correct? Thanks for your answer.
> John in White Marsh, Maryland

Yes, that's correct. In this photo the CSX crew is holding the former Western Maryland mainline.

Date: 02/19/18 05:07
Author: bridgeportsub

Interesting shots Tim. I've seen that Alco sitting there and knew what it was for,but don't think I have ever seen them actually working.

Randy

Date: 02/19/18 06:03

bridgeportsub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting shots Tim. I've seen that Alco sitting
> there and knew what it was for,but don't think I
> have ever seen them actually working.
>
> Randy

They switch "On Demand" 24 / 7 / 365....with that said, they tend to have a "switch" around 8 am. each day but they are subject to call whenever the mill needs cars moved.

Tim

Date: 02/19/18 20:15
Author: bobgfla

what are thay going to do with there other 3 engines, all painted up and not used??

Date: 03/04/18 18:59
Author: stlrailfan

good point , those were painted 4-5 years ago ! ashame those beauties don't have work

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0499 seconds