Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS must be packed @ On the Piedmont Division

Date: 04/13/18 21:10
NS must be packed @ On the Piedmont Division
Author: AC6000CW_Fan

I think the GA division ends near Greenville,SC ! I 1st saw a REALLY Late NS 213 then after he cane by a LONG M54 with UP 7707 Leading BNSF/CN/NS 3515 ! Then q037 had to come across the Diamond , so b/c of that 192 had to wait , while was happening PC07 & another local was working Charlotte! & 119 was stopped @ junker , but he had to wait for 192 to pass by , and 192 took a long time to get started ! Then Amtrak 79 was backing in to the storage track & when I left I heard 119 get a signal indication to leave junker , also M54 was close to running on the law , and he was Extremely Long , so he has lawns out , he made to Kannapilos , before tying down . & as of tonight Linwood yard was full , so they could not Yard M54 till there was a empty train available !

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/13/18 21:38
Re: NS must be packed @ On the Piedmont Division
Author: PRR_4859

What diamond did 192 wait at and does CSXT control it?

I hope NS gets its co question issues resolved before a hedge fund gets them and turns it into another CSXT.

Thank you in advance.

Date: 04/14/18 08:33
Author: Notch7

The Charlotte diamond at the ADM mill is called Graham on the NS and the Big Southern on CSX. It is controlled for now by the NS Charlotte District dispatcher at the Greenville dispatcher center. The other industrial run working last night was the PC05 on it daily run to the oil refinery on the old Columbia mainline. Also there was a section of P88 tied down north of Airline Yard, waiting on a crew. Last night there were three different P88's on the move.

Notch 7

Date: 04/14/18 09:22
Author: PRR_4859

Notch7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Charlotte diamond at the ADM mill is called
> Graham on the NS and the Big Southern on CSX. It
> is controlled for now by the NS Charlotte District
> dispatcher at the Greenville dispatcher center.
> The other industrial run working last night was
> the PC05 on it daily run to the oil refinery on
> the old Columbia mainline. Also there was a
> section of P88 tied down north of Airline Yard,
> waiting on a crew. Last night there were three
> different P88's on the move.
>
> Notch 7

Thank you very much. It would be best if there was a list of every diamond and which railroad controlled it.

Date: 04/14/18 20:03
Author: RayH

Notch7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Charlotte diamond at the ADM mill is called
> Graham on the NS and the Big Southern on CSX. It
> is controlled for now by the NS Charlotte District
> dispatcher at the Greenville dispatcher center.
> The other industrial run working last night was
> the PC05 on it daily run to the oil refinery on
> the old Columbia mainline. Also there was a
> section of P88 tied down north of Airline Yard,
> waiting on a crew. Last night there were three
> different P88's on the move.
>
> Notch 7
Is this location accessible for photography? I'm going to be around Charlotte next week. TIA

Date: 04/15/18 06:12
Author: Notch7

> > Notch 7
> Is this location accessible for photography? I'm
> going to be around Charlotte next week. TIA

Google Seaboard Street off Graham Street. It is an evolving area, with some homeless and sketchy still around. Distinctively Charlotte with the old Interstate Flour Mill in the center and Brookshire Freeway above. If you look closely you can see the roadbed of the old Atlantic, Tennessee, and Ohio mainline crossing the CSX at the mill. The rusted swinging crossing smashboard is still there. The roadbed would have been reactivated if the NC RR lease had gone badly.

Notch7

Date: 04/15/18 06:27
Author: RayH

Thanks! Looks like the diamond is under the freeway overpass. Hopefully I can poke around and see if any shots materialize.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0585 seconds