Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Does anyone think CSX willl stop serving Charlotte,NC

Date: 04/17/18 13:55
Does anyone think CSX willl stop serving Charlotte,NC
Author: AC6000CW_Fan

I see lots of cars on Q581/Q580/Q037/Q038 but I just wonder if CSX will stop serving the Charlotte area ? Sometimes Q037 only has a few cars and orther times I see Q581/Q580 with just light engines !

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/17/18 14:10
Re: Does anyone think CSX willl stop serving Charlotte,NC
Author: NSTopHat

That's a great question for Ed Harris, Exec VP of Operations at CSX, that way it's from the horse's mouth rather than speculation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/18 14:13 by NSTopHat.

Date: 04/17/18 17:15
Author: RFandPFan

Not that I expect you to answer this...but do you have any reason to think CSX will stop serving Charlotte, or is this just another random thought of yours?

Date: 04/17/18 17:41
Author: AC6000CW_Fan

RFandPFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not that I expect you to answer this...but do you
> have any reason to think CSX will stop serving
> Charlotte, or is this just another random thought
> of yours?

I have a reason ! Q580/q581 are Sometimes just light engines ! I think it adds no value to run light engines to/from Charlotte

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/17/18 18:10
Author: 1019X

AC6000CW_Fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RFandPFan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Not that I expect you to answer this...but do
> you
> > have any reason to think CSX will stop serving
> > Charlotte, or is this just another random
> thought
> > of yours?
>
> I have a reason ! Q580/q581 are Sometimes just
> light engines ! I think it adds no value to run
> light engines to/from Charlotte

While railroads would prefer to have freight going in the right direction as well, sometimes you have to move the locomotives to where the freight is.
>
> Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/17/18 21:02
Author: JLinDE

Charlotte is only 24 miles from the Atlanta-Hamlet-Pembroke mainline. The clue is to look at Google E and see what kind of traffic base CSX has in the area. The line west of Charlotte to Bostic to connect to the remaining traffic on the Clinchfield could be a candidate for a short line. When the CRR was operationally severed recently this is the way the industrial traffic on CSX around Kingsport, TN was accessed. But if any of these lines mentioned become short lines and have active interchamges to NS, which is already dominant in the Charlotte area, then some of CSX's existing traffic base could be lost. It will be interesting to see what the "new management" of CSX decides....

Date: 04/18/18 08:17
Author: Notch7

No, because Pinoca Yard stays full, large and growing interchange with NS, sizeable intermodal business, industrial parks, growth potential, and it's Charlotte.

Notch7

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.039 seconds