Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Is This Freight Train From Back In The Past or A Ghost Train?

Date: 04/21/18 20:28
Is This Freight Train From Back In The Past or A Ghost Train?
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Because when I noticed all the fallen flag freight cars, I was like, are you kidding me. This can't be real, but it was. Anyway, I believe this was CSX eastbound freight Q560 lead by a pair of CSX GEVO's. Well as he passed, he was doing only about 25MPH. So as each car passed, I watched. I'm so used to seeing freights at 45 to 50MPH that I never get a chance to see freight at slow speeds. Well anyway, note the Illinois Central covered hoppers, CSX 86' Boxcars, but the best of all, an original CHESSIE SYSTEM 86' Boxcar!!! and a dump car with Conrail / New York Central reporting marks!! and then you can see an ex. Montana Railink High Cube Boxcar. So all in all, I count this as a true FREIGHT TRAIN!!

I saw this freight up in Mentor this evening.

Date: 04/21/18 20:43
Re: Is This Freight Train From Back In The Past or A Ghost Train?

Date: 04/21/18 20:52

Date: 04/21/18 21:00

Date: 04/21/18 21:08

Date: 04/21/18 22:39
Author: MC6853

You're doing the same thing I am lately... The dark blue GEVO parade is so boring that freight cars are getting a lot more of my attention...

Posted from Android

Date: 04/22/18 00:58
Author: refarkas

You have quite a few photos here. The NYC side dump car is the one I find most interesting.
Bob

Date: 04/24/18 11:44
Author: linton122

I think I saw those IC covered hoppers in Chicago -- at Forest Hill -- January 2017. If not those -- then siblings. I think they were in salt service at that point.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0639 seconds