Home Open Account Help 196 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Nashville & Eastern RR Short Chase in Lebanon TN

Date: 05/11/18 19:39
Nashville & Eastern RR Short Chase in Lebanon TN
Author: erielackawanna

I was in Lebanon TN and had been coached that after the commuter trains' last run NERR runs a Nashville turn, so I waited on it. Much like the Music City Star trains let me shoot a Sufliner F40 that I'd never seen in my home of California, the NERR turn had two B40-8s that I'd never seen back in their days on my childhood hometown RR the NYSW. Wound up only chasing the train within the loose borders of Lebanon as they met an eastbound rock train and I ended up following that one back for another shot.

I have to say I love standard cab Dash 8s. They always seemed like the younger brother of Alco Centuries to my Alcophile eye.

Image one is in downtown Lebanon at the start of the run, crossing Sinking Creek.

Image two is pretty backlit, but I kind of like it. Taken from Tirzah. I think they gained another crew member here?

Image three was a pretty crazy shot, the train is on a very high fill about to cross Route 70. Mind you I was in a suit for a business meeting. Can't believe I climbed up there and managed to stay neat and clean.

Date: 05/11/18 19:40
Re: Nashville & Eastern RR Short Chase in Lebanon TN

Image four is near the Martha station as the turn works a local industry.

Image five and the train is back together and pulling east.

Image six is on the other side of the Martha station. Probably the only spot they were in perfect light, but I couldn't figure out how to get down there in time.

Date: 05/11/18 19:41

Image seven is of the shove at Martha as they clear for the rock train that is also due.

Date: 05/11/18 20:16
Author: CPR_4000

Pretty neat patch jobs, and two matching sets! Don't they have some ex-Santa Fe B40-8W's, too?

Date: 05/12/18 02:38
Author: Roadbed

Nice photo set. Also find it interesting that Amtrak ballast cars are wandering so far off network. Curious as to why.

Date: 05/12/18 03:01
Author: kgmontreal

Nice.

KG

Date: 05/12/18 04:44
Author: jmbreitigan

Sharp looking photos. How did your shoes hold up for the meeting climbing through the growth for photo #3 ?
John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/18 04:45 by jmbreitigan.

Date: 05/12/18 07:00

Was not a good day for the shoes... in fact I made sure to sit down in my meetings as quickly as possible so they would be under the conference tables.

Date: 05/12/18 15:32
Author: ns1000

Nice shots!!

Date: 05/13/18 15:50
Author: TheNavigator

Congrats on IOTD, Charles.  I've always liked standard cab Dash-8s too.
GK

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0628 seconds