Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > GE Transportation Division to Merge with Wabtec

Date: 05/21/18 05:37
GE Transportation Division to Merge with Wabtec
Author: JPB

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ge-to-merge-rail-division-with-wabtec-in-11-billion-deal-1526904626

"General Electric Co. agreed to merge its railroad business with Wabtec Corp in a deal valued at about $11 billion, letting GE raise some cash to fund its turnaround and shed one of its oldest operations...."

Date: 05/21/18 06:21
Re: GE Transportation Division to Merge with Wabtec
Author: dreese_us

Read this yesterday, I’m guessing by doing a merger let’s GE still make some money off this division.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/21/18 07:40
Author: ubee1964

The legacies of George Westinghouse and Thomas Edison; they were buds, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/18 07:44 by ubee1964.

Date: 05/21/18 20:04
Author: RuleG

ubee1964 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The legacies of George Westinghouse and Thomas
> Edison; they were buds, right?

A movie was made about this called "The Current War." Was to be debut last year, but it was pulled from release following the sexual abuse allegations that arose against Harvey Weinstein, then co-head of the company which produced the film. According to some Internet sources, it will be released this year.

Date: 05/22/18 09:45
Author: march_hare

ubee1964 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The legacies of George Westinghouse and Thomas
> Edison; they were buds, right?

By the time my dad got into the power generating business, GE and Westinghouse were strong rivals (although I seem to recall a price fixing scandal back in the 1960s, so maybe they weren't so bitter after all).

The notion of a GE-Westinghouse combination would have him rolling in his grave.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0308 seconds