Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some recent shots from my travels

Date: 06/12/18 13:37
Some recent shots from my travels
Author: msns2557

Been a few weeks since my last post. Been abit busy with things along the way. But we, that being myself and ns2557 are on vacation down in Georgia. Enjoying everything. Caught up with some old friends already and met some new ones also. Great Hobby as I am beginning to discover.

But on with the shots. This past Sunday morning we took off from our friends place in Buchanan Ga. Travelling east we went all the way over to our old stomping grounds in Austell and Mableton Ga in order to knock some shots off our "list". We succeeded in doing most of that. This one here tho, it almost got past us. We had a heads up on Saturday the 9th that this one was headed back westbound to Vance Ala. that being the end point for 27A, which is the train in the first 2 shots. The special thing about this one is the leader, GECX ET44AC 2042. Second out was NS 3671. But back to it almost getting by us.

We came west thru Lithia Springs Ga on US78 after deciding to head back "home". Coming thru downtown Lithia Springs, this one appeared beside us, making some "good time" as it did so. It actually was pulling away from us thru here. Knowing that it would encounter some slow orders west of here, we sorta, kinda, knew we would be able to catch it at a few spots as we went west.

First stop to get some shots was at Carroll, which is the west end of the siding with Winston being the east end of said siding. This all of course on the NS Alabama Div. East End. The MP where we got this shot at is 666.6. Hope ya'll ain't superstitious. But here is GECX 2042 coming by our location there.

Shot 2. This is thru the siding at Bagget, which is the next sidng west of Carroll but east of Villa Rica Ga. My other half said to try a "Pan Shot". After helping me get it set up on camera and getting next to the head end, here is what I managed. Think next time I'll try a slower shutter speed, but happy overall with this one. We managed to catch this one at Temple Ga in town and at Sewell Ga, the next siding west of Temple after this one met an EB Stack in Temple.

Shot 3. On our way east from Austin Tx we went thru the Jackson/Pearl Ms area hoping to catch some KCS power at the east end of the KCS Yard in Jackson. We found this pair. KCS GP40-2 2855 with KCS ES44AC 4820. I really like the KCS Scheme, esp in what appears to be very "Fresh" Belle Pnt. Not seeing any dirt anywhere on this one. Like when my kids got new sneakers back years ago, they always thought that they would make them run faster, perhaps with it's fresh paint 2855 can "run faster" too!. Shot on June 3 2018 at Pearl Ms.

Thanks to all for looking. Hope ya like the shots. Take care til next time. Kristie

Date: 06/12/18 19:10
Re: Some recent shots from my travels
Author: SCKP187

Sounds like a nice trip. Two nice clean paint you got there. Hope you show more along the way.
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0764 seconds