Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Phase 1 of Philadelphia Rail Park (ex. Reading) to open June 14

Date: 06/13/18 19:34
Phase 1 of Philadelphia Rail Park (ex. Reading) to open June 14
Author: RuleG

There will be a public event for the opening for the Phase 1 of the Rail Park in Philadelphia. This section of the park is located on elevated structure which, at one time, supported Reading tracks leading to the Reading Terminal in Downtown Philadelphia.

From the Rail Park website:

Phase 1 Grand Opening

Please join us for the official opening ceremony:

June 14
11 am
13th and Noble Streets

More information about the park, including future phases and some wonderful historical photos can be found at:

https://therailpark.org/

According to the following website, Reading cafe-car car 1186 (most recently Levis Hot Dogs/Philly Express Steak & Bagel Train) will become the park headquarters.

https://hiddencityphila.org/2018/02/old-train-car-on-north-broad-to-become-rail-park-hq/

I look forward to the opening of "The Viaduct" section in the future.

Date: 06/13/18 21:38
Re: Phase 1 of Philadelphia Rail Park (ex. Reading) to open June
Author: kpcmcpkva

I hope this works out as well as the High Line in NYC. Look forward to walking it when I can get back to Philly

Date: 06/14/18 01:33
Author: Chooch

That happens to be a high crime area. Darn if I would park their.

Date: 06/14/18 03:20
Author: richs

Looks like a wonderful project. I watched the High Line built over a period of a few years, and this looks every bit as interesting, even more so actually with the viaduct, cut and tunnel. Good luck and success to this project.
Rich S

Date: 06/14/18 20:59
Author: RuleG

Chooch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That happens to be a high crime area. Darn if I
> would park their.

Why drive? SEPTA provides a lot of service to stations and stops within walking distance of the park.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds