Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Wytheville,Va Questions

Date: 06/15/18 13:47
Wytheville,Va Questions
Author: scoobydoobydoo

The Doo's will be spending the week of 4th of July camping Trackside in Wytheville,Va.whats the current train count this time of year,are there any special places to go besides Ronaoke.Thanks in Adavance...Scoobydoobydoo

Date: 06/15/18 15:58
Re: Wytheville,Va Questions
Author: DubyaM

Scoob, I don't think that is a real busy line.

Date: 06/15/18 16:47
Author: doc1057

There are 6-8 through trains daily on the Radford-Bristol line, on which Wytheville lies.

Date: 06/15/18 18:59
Author: RFandPFan

Doc,

How busy are the Altavista and Blue Ridge Districts? Thanks in advance.

Date: 06/15/18 21:38
Author: nssd70m2

I would say 8-10 trains a day on the line with at least 2 pairs of freight and a 2 pairs of intermodal, and the random auto or unit trains, maybe a couple extra trains if the re-routes are still run that way due to the Asheville washout. Bluefield is north on I77 if you can go for drive.

Date: 06/15/18 21:40
Author: robbie

When we stayed there last year during our annual trip to my wife's family near Myrtle Beach, the N&W signals were still standing, though replacements were ready to go. Any idea if that's still the case?

I've never had much opportunity to spend much time there other than snatching a few minutes after the family goes to bed, but have never seen much sign of action. But, if the "heritage" signals are still standing guard when we go back through this fall, will have to make the jaunt yet again...

- Robbie

Date: 06/16/18 18:13
Author: resqjon

robbie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When we stayed there last year during our annual
> trip to my wife's family near Myrtle Beach, the
> N&W signals were still standing, though
> replacements were ready to go. Any idea if that's
> still the case?

The N&W signals have been replaced.

Jon

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds