Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX is boring? Well then...

Date: 06/15/18 21:18
CSX is boring? Well then...
Author: K8DTI

CSX is boring? Well then... Occasionally they are good for a surprise! CSX C701-15 departed Cincinnati on Friday evening for Winchester, Kentucky with CSX MP15T 1213, SD40-2 8252, and GP15T 1502. Here we see C701 on the approach to the Ohio River shortly before sunset.

For those curious about the scaffolding, CSX is currently making repairs to the nearly 100 year old C&O bridge works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/18 21:21 by K8DTI.

Date: 06/16/18 03:40
Re: CSX is boring? Well then...
Author: refarkas

Great glint photo.
Bob

Date: 06/16/18 04:00
Author: perklocal

Nice! A group of EMDs that doesn't get put together very often!

Date: 06/16/18 07:56
Author: ClubCar

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great glint photo.
> Bob
I like the photo also; however, I am surprised that the CSX management is spending any money making repairs to their bridge, especially with the group of bean counters that are now in charge.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 06/16/18 09:29
Author: Totallamer

ClubCar Wrote:
> refarkas Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Great glint photo.
> > Bob
> I like the photo also; however, I am surprised
> that the CSX management is spending any money
> making repairs to their bridge, especially with
> the group of bean counters that are now in
> charge.
> John in White Marsh, Maryland

I wouldn't be too shocked. The amount of $$$ that's been poured into at least the North End sub this year alone has been insane.

Date: 06/16/18 11:47
Author: halfmoonharold

What started this "boring CSX" response? Did someone say that in a previous post? I couldn't find anything.

Date: 06/16/18 13:28
Author: MC6853

halfmoonharold Wrote:
> What started this "boring CSX" response? Did
> someone say that in a previous post? I couldn't
> find anything.

CSX started it themselves back in 2005 with engines 5200-5501... Then numbers 700-949... Then 950-999... Then 3000-3199... Followed by 3200-3249... And let's not forget 3250-3474...

And all of the amusing stuff to get the boot in the last 2-3 years... And the fact that traffic levels are down on the railroad from two years ago, meaning fewer trains...

And let's consider their rival... Horns on NS engines are a melodious mixture of K5s, P5s, P3s, and even old Leslies, while CSX has pretty much just K5s... NS has real Heritage and special units in full paint schemes, while CSX has regular blue-painted units with nothing more than a sticker or "Spirit of"... NS has hosted steam excursions in the last 10 years; CSX has not... While CSX is cutting trains and reducing traffic, NS traffic continues to grow, and in turn is leasing some of the more amusing power CSX has cast away... NS has SD70ACes and SD70M-2s, and a lot more 710-powered EMD units in general; CSX does not... And yes, the elephant in the room: NS has 8889-9978, but these days I find myself enjoying seeing black Dash-9s over blue GEVOs and ETs... I could continue but I feel the point is made...

CSX sometimes has fun moments, but these days, yes, rather boring...

BTW, to the OP, great catch and great shot...

Posted from Android

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/18 17:48 by MC6853.

Date: 06/16/18 17:05
Author: tq-07fan

What is nice is that what is boring today will be interesting tomorrow. Anyone remember when Conrail used GP38s and GP40s as road power?
At least now we have digital so we can relentlessly shoot the Hell out of everything. Too many times I wonder why I didn't take more pictures, then I remember that I also had to use that same money for food and stuff...

Nice picture. CSX has been working on the C&O bridge for months now.

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/18 18:44 by tq-07fan.

Date: 06/17/18 06:54
Author: OldHeadRailroader

Using a switch engine as the leader on a road train is nuts. No toilet, rough ride at higher speeds. Happy to not be that train crew. Wow.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/18/18 22:34
Author: JLinDE

CSX boring? Not in my area. As for engines 'motors' here, I could care less. 13000 foot trains having to meet on a line with 10000 foot sidings is anything but boring. All you have to do is watch and listen. Precision scheduled railroading, hardly. Changes are almost constant. I just cannot figure out how they are keeping customers and the stock price keeps steady or up and I have a fair amount.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0717 seconds