Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A Florida visitor to Illinois

Date: 07/09/18 19:03
A Florida visitor to Illinois
Author: mtzctrain

Today, the FEC 107 made a journey on NS train 121 to Decatur IL with a rather short train in tow. MOW work has been heavy around Decatur the last couple weeks with Main #2 shut down today, which meant 121 was delayed getting to town, making it possible for me and my dad to catch it after work today. 

1-2. The train held at Bement IL to wait for a Westbound grain train to clear Main 1, before crossing over to get around the MOW crew heading to Bement to tie down for the day. We caught FEC 107 passing the grain elevator at Milmine IL, just West of Bement.

3. In Cerro Gordo, all the crossings except for 1 were closed due to the MOW work, so we got caught on the wrong side of the tracks for good light. Still had good sun on the nose though...

more to come....
  -Caleb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/18 19:07 by mtzctrain.

Date: 07/09/18 19:06
Re: A Florida visitor to Illinois
Author: mtzctrain

4-6. Apparently the road crew died on hours just outside the yard, so after being stopped at Sangamon for a new crew, the train finally came in across Lake Decatur. This time of year in the evenings the sun is right to get good shots on the backside of the Wabash viaduct.
 (Not sure why photo 5 isn't rotating properly...)
This was my first time seeing the either of the FEC units that have been touring the NS system, so this was a great Monday surprise.

Thanks for looking!
   -Caleb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/18 19:07 by mtzctrain.

Date: 07/09/18 19:59
Author: calsubd

If you get another few shots of that grain operation I'd appreciate it TIA !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 07/10/18 05:21
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 1!!

Date: 07/10/18 10:24
Author: bobk

Nice shots!

Date: 07/11/18 17:26
Author: superchief1944

Photo #1 is in a class by itself. It is worthy of a Ted Rose painting (may he rest in peace).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.051 seconds