Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Crew Bases Near Bloomington, Illinois

Date: 09/23/18 18:37
Crew Bases Near Bloomington, Illinois
Author: NYC6001

Asking for a friend. If one lived in Bloomington, Illinois, what are the closest Class 1 crew change points or terminals, including Amtrak?

Also what short lines have employment in the area?

Thanks in advance.

Date: 09/23/18 20:10
Re: Crew Bases Near Bloomington, Illinois
Author: JasonCNW

Off the top of my head I know there are 2 G&W properties in the Peoria area for shortlines, and Norfolk Southern has a terminal in Decatur. CN has a crew change in Champaign.
Thats all I can thinknof right now without doing more research.
JC

Posted from Android

Date: 09/24/18 03:05
Author: mkerner

UP has local based out of Bloomington and it is away from home point for Dupo crews although most if not all Global4 trains operate thru to Global4 without changing crews.
Michael t Kerner
Collinsville, IL

Posted from Android

Date: 09/24/18 13:13
Author: MEKoch

Good Yard on the west side of Bloomington (NS) has a Peoria local, which operates daily.  I assume the crew starts and finishes at Good Yard.  

Date: 09/25/18 06:16
Author: kbmiflyer

Most of the work in the area would be out of Peoria area.  NS, CN, IAIS, BNSF, UP, and TPW all originate trains from there, along with the Tazwell / Peoria railroad which is a GW company.

As metioned above,  UP runs locals out of their Bloomington yard, and NS runs trains out of the Good Yard.  I do not know if UP uses Bloomington as a crew change point for the daily MPRAS / MASPR manifest from Chicago to St. Louis.

Going the other direction, the small Bloomer Railroad is headquartered in Gibson City.

I have seen engineers get on and off in Normal occasionally for Amtrak, but it does not appear to be a normal crew change point for them.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0481 seconds