Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX earnings conference call October 16, 2018

Date: 10/17/18 07:54
CSX earnings conference call October 16, 2018
Author: Lackawanna484

After each quarter's earnings release and outlook, management takes calls from stock analysts.  In addition to the 58.7% operating ratio, the company guided analysts with its own view that earnings growth will be 6% to 8%, up from about 5%.

Slides with the presentation are included.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4212068-csx-corporation-csx-ceo-jim-foote-q3-2018-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

Date: 10/17/18 09:11
Re: CSX earnings conference call October 16, 2018
Author: engineerinvirginia

Don't read seeking alpha....it will rot your brain. 

Date: 10/17/18 09:31
Author: spwolfmtn

Stories all over the medias yesterday and this morning at how great CSX is performing and that EHH was really a "the god of railroading".  I'm sure this will result in the other publically traded Class one's to go to his method of operation to keep their investors happy.

It's just my opinion, but I still believe that the harm that EHH has caused to CSX is still being masked by keeping costs down with deferred maintenance and lack of capital investments, making these short term financial results look real good.  In addition, this coupled with the booming economy and issues with trucking, the tail winds are really in favor of the railroads right now, including CSX.  But like all surgar highs, the economy will cool down, then it will be interesting to see how CSX is doing when they have to do what CN and CP are having to do now (recover from deferred maintenance and capital investments) and competition heats up.  

Date: 10/17/18 12:14
Author: GN1969

EHH has a smile on his face today. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds