Home Open Account Help 383 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Ithaca Secondary

Date: 10/17/18 08:28
NS Ithaca Secondary
Author: PCCRNSEngr

With rumors abound on the fate of the NS former LV Ithaca Secondary between Sayre, PA and Milliken, NY a want ad for Qualified Engineers and Conductors has appeared to hire on with WATCO in Ithaca, NY. No start up date has been posted official but have heard around December 15th. When they do take over the line better have some heafty six axle units to lift the salt up the grade out of Ithaca.

Date: 10/17/18 08:41
Re: NS Ithaca Secondary
Author: stevelv

It's been about 10 years or so since I've seen that line but I do remember it being in great shape with heavy duty welded rail.  Don't know if they deferred maintenance once the coal trains stopped running.

Date: 10/17/18 16:46
Author: MNNRfan

How long a line is it, is there much online business and what does WATCO pay (out of curiosity)?

Posted from Android

Date: 10/17/18 19:11

MNNRfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How long a line is it, is there much online
> business and what does WATCO pay (out of
> curiosity)?
>
> Posted from Android
It runs from Sayre, PA  MP 271.7 RENA to
MP 318.0 MILL then you have the Milliken Industrial Track which is about four additional miles to the Milliken Power Plant.
Right now the main customer is Cargill Salt at Lansing with a small shipper at Waverly, NY which receives plastic pellets.
The power plant received their last coal train back in April and looks like that will be the last.

Date: 10/17/18 19:27
Author: irhoghead

That's not very many customers on 46 miles of railroad. Cargill must really have some volume to make this worthwhile for Watco.

Date: 10/17/18 19:41

Last Friday I followed the NS H13 the Sayre-Ithaca local for part of the way north.
1. NS H13 8013 North Waverly, NY
2. Reniff, NY  October 10, 2018

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds