Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Tri-Rail/CSX intermodal thru South Florida?

Date: 11/06/18 12:26
Tri-Rail/CSX intermodal thru South Florida?
Author: DFWJIM

I live in Fort Lauderdale and was curious if CSX runs any intermodal trains through South Florida to Miami. I see them on the FEC daily but I have yet to see one on the CSX even though I have lived in the area for over 5 years.

Thanks for your responses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/18 12:27 by DFWJIM.

Date: 11/06/18 12:31
Re: Tri-Rail/CSX intermodal thru South Florida?
Author: Lackawanna484

I'm not aware of CSX running any intermodal trains into Miami on its own and Tri-Rail's tracks.

As you note, CSX intermodal is a good bet on FEC 101/202.

Date: 11/06/18 13:30
Author: gmojim

All CSX intermodal to and from South Florida moves on FEC trains. CSX has no intermodal ramp in Florida south of Winter Haven. The FEC ramp in Miami is an official CSX ramp.
Three FEC ramps are official CSX ramps. Just click on the ramp locations on the map below and they will indicate FEC ramps operated for CSX.

http://www.intermodal.com/index.cfm/intermodal-maps/

gmojim

Date: 11/06/18 13:32
Author: florida581

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not aware of CSX running any intermodal trains
> into Miami on its own and Tri-Rail's tracks.
>
> As you note, CSX intermodal is a good bet on FEC
> 101/202.

Correct.  CSX doesn’t run any intermodal trains of their own into South Florida.  Any CSX South Florida intermodal traffic is interchanged to FEC in Jacksonville.  The closest CSX intermodal trains to South Florida are Q177 and Q178 between Winter Haven and Jacksonville.  Those trains are routinely 13 - 14,000 ft in length.  However, their traffic serves mostly the Orlando and Lakeland markets.

Andrew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/18 13:32 by florida581.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0285 seconds