Home Open Account Help 210 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some recent images from our last trip out and about

Date: 11/21/18 15:38
Some recent images from our last trip out and about
Author: ns2557

Well, The wife and I are on our last trip away from home in Colorado. We are going to be giving up the highway lifestyle driving big trucks and settle in to some well deserved time off.(And some time to have Uncle Sams VA do some things for me that have been giving me some major issues the past few years) We left home, in Colorado back on the 6th of November and plan to be back enjoying as best we can what ever comes our way by the middle of December. It has been a great many years that I have been out here and I have met many fans over those years. But it's time to say goodbye to the chaos that rules the US highways now a days. 

Before we left for our adventure, we had some things to do in Pueblo Co. On our time over here we stopped by the BNSF/UP Yards here on the 2 of November. At the BNSF side of things we found this set of power working the yard here. BNSF SD40-2 1625 with BNSF GP39-3 2746 and SD40-2 1952, all remote controlled units doing their duty here. Nice to see the SD40-2's and the old GP30 style car body on the 2746. 

In shot 2. On November 13th we found ourselves in the Clearfield Pa area along the now RJ Corman Lines/PA and as we crossed over the yard here we caught this one working one of the customers here. RJCR SD40-2 3478 has SD40-2 7097 and 1 more SD40-2 working cars in this shot. Not sure what they are hauling tho. This is looking west off PA Hwy 879. Apologize about the wires in the shot, just don't want to remove them as I believe that ya take the shot regardless of what may perhaps be in the way when ya have to. No way to get under them from the bridge. 

In shot 3  is a SB UP train passing the UP Local power in Mt Vernon Il behind the old Precision National Shops here now NRE. UP SD70M 4139 leads Ex CSX C40-8 7619 now GECX past UP GP60's 1156 and 1161. This is one of the stops I try and make each time I get a chance to pass thru here. It seems as if ya just never know what ya might find. NRE Shops had a few goodies to be seen, but really no way to shoot them for the most part.

Kris and I are not by any means giving up on travelling across the states, just are not going to be doing it as often or from a Big Truck. We will do it on our own time with no rush. Gonna be nice for a change to be in even more control of where and what I do/go/see. The future awaits.

Thanks all for looking at these few shots. I'll be taking some more along the way as we head home. Then will start scanning some form my collection that I have accumulated since 1972. That will take some time to do.  Ya'll take care, be well, and stay safe out there.   Ben

Date: 11/21/18 16:10
Re: Some recent images from our last trip out and about
Author: pennsy3750

ns2557 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In shot 2. On November 13th we found ourselves in
> the Clearfield Pa area along the now RJ Corman
>
> Not sure what they are hauling tho

Corn for the ethanol plant.

Good luck in retirement, or whatever else comes next for you.

Date: 11/21/18 16:16
Author: ns2557

pennsy3750 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ns2557 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In shot 2. On November 13th we found ourselves
> in
> > the Clearfield Pa area along the now RJ Corman
> >
> > Not sure what they are hauling tho
>
> Corn for the ethanol plant.
>
> Good luck in retirement, or whatever else comes
> next for you.

Got one retirement already, this will be the 2nd. Not sure what I'l be doing just yet, just not driving cross country anymore. Perhaps some local stuff back home. Thanks for the info on the "product" that RJCR hauls here beside coal. Be well. Ben

Date: 11/22/18 04:56
Author: calsubd

Good Luck  Ben & Kris, pic #2 for me, time to enjoy life, stay in touch !!

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 11/22/18 11:05
Author: OHfrog

The second shot has alot going on, I like it. Thank you

Date: 11/23/18 21:01
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice ones. Keep on truckin even through it won't be in a truck.
JB

Date: 11/27/18 07:50
Author: qman

NICE STUFF !!!  Truck - -  car ??,  they'll both get ya near the tracks.

qman

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0485 seconds