Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Grenada in the early morning fog

Date: 12/14/18 10:51
Grenada in the early morning fog
Author: xrds72

Recently had a chance to revisit an old haunt. Had not been back since 2016 and was there to do some training for the new operator's track people.

Tuesday morning 12-11 was foggy and about 25 or 30 degrees.

Made for a couple atmospheric shots at the depot

Date: 12/14/18 11:43
Re: Grenada in the early morning fog
Author: gmojim

Grenada in Mississippi??????

gmojim

Date: 12/14/18 13:31
Author: wjpyper

It doesn't look like Greneda in California or Granada in Spain, so where is it?

Date: 12/14/18 14:56
Author: boejoe

GRYR reporting marks on the Geep definitely represent Grenada RR in Mississippi.
A while back I made an inquiry as to status of the ex-Lehigh Valley F units that moved from Tuckahoe NJ to suburban Charlotte NC area for Christmas train use on the Piedmont & Northern.  Didn't work out there and subsequently moved to Grenada MS.  This about two years ago.  I've lost track of their whereabouts and don't know that I got satisfactory answers to my inquiry.  Anybody with updated info?  TIA
joe

Date: 12/14/18 15:22
Author: xrds72

Yes, sorry for not being more specific, this is Grenada MS. The former IC main line that was downgraded after the Yazoo Sub through the delta was rebuilt with 4R money and all of the traffic moved to that route. 

The portion from the TN/MS state line to Canton was subsequently sold by CN to A&K in 2009 who embargoed the south half in 2011. The railroad was bought by the North Central Mississippi Regional Railroad Authority in 2015. Iowa Pacific was chosen to be the operator (which began my second involvement after working on the 4R program in 1979). 

Iowa Pacific was replaced by the current operator, Rail USA, effective 8-1-18, which is who brought me back to do training for their people. 

The line will be receiving a much needed tie program starting in the new year using grant funds from the state and the FRA. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds