Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Three Railroads of the Capital Region

Date: 12/31/18 08:35
Three Railroads of the Capital Region
Author: RiverLineProductions

I've been coming to the Albany, NY area for years, and on those trips I always would target the busy CSX mains through town. I only recently decided to further explore the former Delaware and Hudson main that also runs through the area, carrying CP, Norfolk Southern, and Pan Am frieghts. So far on my ventures to the D&H, it has refused to disappoint, and my reccent trip last week was no different. So, for any railfan visiting the Albany, NY area I highly recommend a visit to the D&H, Pan Am Southern, and the CSX, as they all have a ton to offer...

1. CP Saratoga Springs, NY - Albany, NY turn D45 returns north towards its home base through CPF-477. He is about to turn north towards the Canadian Mainline (To Saratoga and Montreal) at CPF-478, the "Magic Triangle," in Ballston Lake.

2. Pan Am Southern loaded Grain Train RJAY (Rotterdam Junction, NY (CSX) - Ayer, MA) awaits clearance from the D&H Dispatcher to move off the PAS Rotterdam Branch and operate on the CP Main between CPF-477 and CPF-468, where it will once again pick up its own tracks in Mechanicville, NY. This train originates in Minot, ND on the BNSF and it handed to CSX in Chicago. It runs as G056 to Rotterdam Junction where Pan Am picks it up at takes it to Ayer.

3.  NS Train 11R (East Deerfield, MA - Binghamton, NY) is seen departing Eagle Bridge, NY on Pan Am Southern's District 3 with Norfolk Southern SD70ACC #1801 trailing 2nd of 3. This train will run on District 3 to Mechcanicville where it will pick up the former D&H Main to Binghamton.

*More to Follow*

Date: 12/31/18 08:36
Re: Three Railroads of the Capital Region
Author: RiverLineProductions

li.li1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545}
ol.ol1 {list-style-type: decimal}4. NS 11R Again crossing the bridge at Fishermans Road in Schaghticoke, NY. This was my first time at this spot and it was without a doubt one of my favorites.
 5. Later in the Day, now on CSX’s Mohawk Subdivison, we see Amtrak train 284 rounding the curve at Lock-14 in Palatine Bridge, NY with one of the Phase III Empire Service Units Leading
 6.Following 15 minutes behind Amtrak, CSX Train B788 (Buffalo, NY - Selkirk, NY) emerges from the fog with a UP leader. Fog was abundant all day, which made for some cool shots!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds