Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Snowy Cincinnati

Date: 01/12/19 16:41
Snowy Cincinnati
Author: K8CNW

Cincinnati is in the midst of a Winter Storm Warning that will continue through 7AM Sunday. As of noon today, most of the region had received 2-3" with another 1-3" expected by mid day Sunday. This may not be much by some measures, but is expected to be the single biggest snow event in the Queen City since 2015. I took the opportunity to capture some winter rail operations north of the Ohio river.

1) Norfolk Southern crews clear switches at the east end of Sharon yard in Sharonville Ohio. The yard is located at the west end of the Dayton District that runs to Columbus.
2) A short time later, NS 169 creeps by a grain train and into Sharon yard with a PRLX SD70ACE on the point.
3) An AC4400CW powers a northbound grain train in Wyoming Ohio along CSX's Cincinnati Terminal Subdivision. The train will head west on the Newcastle District at Hamilton Ohio.

-BrianĀ 

Date: 01/12/19 19:18
Re: Snowy Cincinnati
Author: cabsignaldrop

Love it! My old stomping grounds. Figures when I move away the heavy snows seem to leave also.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0249 seconds