Home Open Account Help 200 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Intermodal Changes

Date: 01/14/19 06:48
CSX Intermodal Changes
Author: RFandPFan

First train Q032 (Jacksonville, FL to North Bergen, NJ) now carries the Tropicana Juice loads.  Loaded reefers used to go by a much slower method (Q038 dropped them at Florecne and manifest Q410 picked them up and took them north).  Tropicana empties still travel south on Q031.

Second train Q103 now runs to Jacksonville, FL.  Q037/Q038 used to run from Charlotte, NC to Jacksonville, but now runs beteween Charlotte and Charleston, SC.  Q103 used to run from Charleston to Svannah, GA but now runs to Jacksonville.  Q104 runs Jacksonville to Charleston. 

Q103 carries Q038's former traffic to Jacksonville as is evidenced by the numerous Crowley containers.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/14/19 07:07
Re: CSX Intermodal Changes
Author: calsubd

Great video and Thanks for the updated info  too !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 01/14/19 09:19
Author: FloridaTrainGuy

Heard that there is a new anti-graffiti coating that allows you to wash off the paint.  I would think Tropicana would like to improve their image by using it.

Date: 01/14/19 10:13
Author: ctillnc

Given the sharp falloff in OJ consumption, I suspect Tropicana have bigger things to worry about. 

Date: 01/14/19 13:38
Author: FloridaTrainGuy

Actually I live in Florida and have seen the Tropicana Juice Train pass by many times.  It has been down to a handful of cars and this is more cars than I have seen in a while so maybe things are looking up.

Date: 01/14/19 14:13
Author: florida581

FloridaTrainGuy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually I live in Florida and have seen the
> Tropicana Juice Train pass by many times.  It has
> been down to a handful of cars and this is more
> cars than I have seen in a while so maybe things
> are looking up.

There’s always more juice cars north of Jacksonville.  Q046 brings the Bradenton cut to Jacksonville and FEC brings the Ft Pierce cut to Jacksonville.  The majority of the juice cars goes north to New Jersey on Q032 and the rest goes to either Cincinnati or California.

Andrew

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2639 seconds