Home Open Account Help 201 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Any CSX CL&W sub updates Ohio

Date: 01/19/19 16:44
Any CSX CL&W sub updates Ohio
Author: WLE2679

Hello. Heard at one point that CSX was going to run unit trains to Lorain via Sterling....but the line hasnt seen a train between Sterling and Lester in over a year. Any news heard on the plans for this segment?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/19 16:44 by WLE2679.

Date: 01/20/19 04:27
Re: Any CSX CL&W sub updates Ohio
Author: MEKoch

If the steel mill becomes active in Lorain (as promised), I would expect CSX to build wye legs at Grafton on the north and west sides to their main line.   Then they can sell or lease the CL&W to a shortline entity.   Yes, no traffic in over a year.  Sadly the Rails are rusty..  

Date: 01/20/19 11:34
Author: halfmoonharold

All I can add is the Black River is being dredged at the steel plant docks. Work is currently stopped for US 6 bridge maintenance, but will resume in spring. What this means for the ore trains that CSX was supposed to run, I don't know.

Date: 01/20/19 22:06
Author: EL3600

Is there any traffic left in Strongsville? Nothing between there and Sterling.

Date: 01/21/19 00:57
Author: MEKoch

Yes, there are a couple carload customers in Strongsville, and even more in the industrial park at Valley City.  

Date: 01/21/19 02:19
Author: WLE2679

The locals still run Cleveland-Lester and Lester-Lorain.   Traffic moves from Cleveland instead of Willard-Sterling-Lester.

Date: 01/21/19 08:04
Author: Tom1of5

What local customers are left in Strongsville?
Is there still a spur into the industrial park?

Date: 01/21/19 18:19
Author: EL3600

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, there are a couple carload customers in
> Strongsville, and even more in the industrial park
> at Valley City.

Thanks! I used to work in Strongsville, but retired a few years ago.

Date: 01/21/19 18:39
Author: howeld

The plan was that ore would be hauled to Lorain from the new ore processing plant in Reynolds, IN. CSX served the plant while it was open. However this news story came out last week doesn’t look promising for that or any future traffic from the Magnetation plant.

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_herald_journal/news/local/reynolds-iron-ore-plant-may-move-to-mexico-in-pieces/article_2a111912-7fdb-564d-aaf5-68bc6a848af2.html

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds