Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A snowy CN, an urban Wheeling, and a new placard...

Date: 01/28/19 14:13
A snowy CN, an urban Wheeling, and a new placard...
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Just a few before the Polar Vortex inundates our area for next three days I wanted to get a day in. 66R coming up the grade in Massillon, Ohio at 16th. Street from January 27, 2019. Number two is of the lead locomotive that I believe had the letters "IC" on the side but memory is not cooperating. Number two is of helpers on this 66R; first time I have seen a three pack of six axle helpers on any train. Third picture is a of bay window caboose that looks like former CR on the tail end of NS C67...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/19 17:40 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 01/28/19 14:19
Re: A snowy CN, an urban Wheeling, and a new placard...
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Fourth picture is of the NS C67 local running long hood forward to the Timken Steel plant out on Faircrest Street to drop off ten cars. This was the former Amtrak Station in Canton, Ohio that saw its last train I believe in 1992/1993. To the right  is the former Hercules factory that is now an upscale housing complex. Fifth pictures is of the Wheeling and Lake Erie 261 road freight going from Brewster, Ohio to Britain Yard in Akron, Ohio. Nice to see two SD40's still being used. Downtown Canton is slowly coming back; in some areas. Lastly we have 6K4 with the placard 1170; have never seen that one. Does anyone know what type of  commodity this is; I know oil is 1267 and ethanol is 1987. Thanks...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/19 14:20 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 01/28/19 14:35
Author: BCutter

According to my copy of the Emergency Response Guide (ERG),  Placard Number 1170 is Ethanol.  Number 1987 is denatured alcohol or Alcohol, n.o.s. (not otherwise specified).

Bruce
Columbia MO

Date: 01/28/19 15:58
Author: scoobydoobydoo

Nice shot of the Amtrak station,I have the station signs that hung from the doorway...Scoob

Date: 01/28/19 17:43
Author: refarkas

You keep finding some interesting locations I've missed or forgotten about. Great set of photos.
Bob

Date: 01/28/19 17:44
Author: NSSpike

Great series of winter photos Carl. Yeah, going to be at least a three dog night, perhaps more for several nights.
Be safe.

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 01/28/19 18:10
Author: bobk

Nice shots!

Date: 01/28/19 19:27
Author: RuleG

Nice photos.  Thanks for sharing.

Forever-Railfan-45 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fourth picture is of the NS C67 local running long
> hood forward to the Timken Steel plant out on
> Faircrest Street to drop off ten cars. This was
> the former Amtrak Station in Canton, Ohio that saw
> its last train I believe in 1992/1993.

Amtrak's Broadway Limited was shifted off its ex-PRR routing west of Pittsburgh in November 1990.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/19 19:36 by RuleG.

Date: 01/30/19 14:18
Author: ns1000

Very nice..!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0516 seconds