Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Ed Kaspriske passed away Feb 1.

Date: 02/02/19 07:24
Ed Kaspriske passed away Feb 1.
Author: JUTower

Good morning,
I am passing on sad news that I saw on Facebook this morning.  Edward Kaskpriske, known around here as m1bprr or Ed. K, passed away peacefully at the age of 78.
I did not know Ed well, I've met him a few times, but I always enjoyed his humor, photos, old videos, and great stories. 

Best,
-Alex

Date: 02/02/19 07:27
Re: Ed Kaspriske passed away Feb 1.
Author: bath_wildcat

Another one gone too soon. Never met him but enjoyed his posts.

RIP Ed. High Greens all the way.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 02/02/19 07:51
Author: thehighwayman

Truly sad news. He was a wealth of information and photos and will be greatly missed.

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 02/02/19 08:08
Author: boejoe

So sorry to read this.  Recently learned from another T.O. post that he was in Connecticut with son during his illness.  My snail mail note to him went unaswered (sent to his Laurel Run address)  I feared for the worse.  His posts will sorely be missed.  He was the kind of guy, even though you never met him, you felt like you knew him.  R.I.P. Ed. May all your signals be high green.

Date: 02/02/19 08:12
Author: rbenko

RIP Ed - if there is a railfan heaven, then I hope you're there, getting endless cab rides in a K4s.

You'll be missed here on TO

Date: 02/02/19 08:32
Author: Valleyman

Rest In Peace Ed! Every time I hear an engine horn blow, I’ll think of Ed in his red Chevy Avalanche barreling down a road somewhere with one of his many horns blowing away. 

Valleyman

Date: 02/02/19 11:11
Author: ClubCar

May he rest peace.  I too have always enjoyed his photos and stories.  He truly was a good photographer and a Pennsylvania R.R. Fan.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 02/02/19 11:37
Author: BobP

Loved his posts.
RIP
BobP - North Hollywood, CA.

Date: 02/02/19 13:10
Author: calsubd

Was a great guy and enjoyed his post's, RIP Ed ,

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 02/03/19 04:37
Author: chessie7602

So sorry to hear this.  I enjoyed his two CSX railfanning videos he sold on DVD.  They made you feel like you were there watching trains with them.

Date: 02/03/19 14:09
Author: TEEKAY

Always loved his posts.

Date: 02/04/19 07:54
Author: bluesboyst

RIP Ed... Thanks for all your great pics...they are outstanding...Glad I had the pleasure of talking to you years ago on the front porch of the Station Inn..   Thanks so much.....May you be taking pictures forever of your beloved PRR.....

Date: 02/04/19 18:33
Author: SandPatch1

He Will be MISSED,,,
dave j

Date: 02/06/19 06:16
Author: Keystone1

I will miss Eddie greatly.  We had many wonderful conversations together, while on the road, and in his home. In his early years, he shot many Pennsy steam photos with Don Wood and Bud Rothar. I frequently called him the Horn Man. His videos are still up on YouTube for all to enjoy for ever more.  God Bless you Ed.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0555 seconds