Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Macon, GA, Two trains, two districts on a Sunday afternoon

Date: 02/10/19 17:19
NS Macon, GA, Two trains, two districts on a Sunday afternoon
Author: DocJohn

GS&F North District

Was coming back from downtown Warner Robins and gates had just gone up at Watson Blvd.  Went north on GA 247 heading towards Macon, but did not see anything of the train until it had slowed down north of the Middle GA Regional Airport.  Saw train again on 247 overpass over the track..  Nothing but tank cars.  Train had slowed enough that I could get ahead of it by the time I headed east on Allen Road past the Sofkee Industrial Park (Kumho Tire and Irving Consumer Products).  First picture shows train approaching Allen Road and the second shows it approaching the northward home signal at Pritchard. 

Griffin District

Headed back up 247 into Macon and took a left on Roff Avenue only to find that I was driving next to the end NS 180 on its daily trip to Atlanta.  Track speed on Griffin District is 40 mph, and with local traffic I was not able to get sufficiently ahead of the train until I was in Monroe County and could safely get across the track at Sanders Road, which is just South of MP 205.  Third picture was taken when engines were just south of Sanders Road crossing.

John

Date: 02/10/19 17:24
Re: NS Macon, GA, Two trains, two districts on a Sunday afternoon
Author: NSSpike

Always good to see action from down that way!
Thanks John for posting.
 Phil

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 02/10/19 17:58
Author: krm152

Keep up the good work.
MARK

Date: 02/10/19 18:26
Author: florida581

NS 9977 was 65Q-09 (Jacksonville, FL FEC - Decatur, IL).

Andrew

Date: 02/10/19 19:29

Thank you, Phil.  I have had more reason to be in Warner Robins than in the past, and most times there is a train around.

John

Date: 02/10/19 19:40

Thank you, Mark.  I have been using a Samsun S9+ since late December, and it is much more convenient than having a separate camera.

John

Date: 02/10/19 19:40

Thank you, Andrew for the identification of the train.  John

Date: 02/10/19 22:35
Author: ts1457

florida581 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NS 9977 was 65Q-09 (Jacksonville, FL FEC -
> Decatur, IL).
>
> Andrew

Thanks, interesting route!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.051 seconds