Home Open Account Help 131 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A Change In Car Routing Yields Two Great NS Leading Units!!!

Date: 02/12/19 07:42
A Change In Car Routing Yields Two Great NS Leading Units!!!
Author: NSSpike

For those of you that follow my posts on rail activity in the west Georgia area, especially related to the Alabama East End District, a change several weeks ago resulted in NS Georgia Div C-Line bound traffic being routed through Chattanooga TN to Cedartown GA instead of Birmingham AL to Bremen Ga. A pattern is starting to emerge where NS 371 (CHATTANOOGA,TN – CEDARTOWN, GA) arrives at the Cedartown depot in the late afternoons and heads south on the C-line the next morning to Carrollton Ga. Often this morning move now symbol-ed as NS G01 includes a stop at Blossman Gas propane bulk transfer facility in Buchanan Ga. 

In the past 5 days NS 371 has had a couple of leading units that were well worth the trip west to Bremen northward to capture them on the C-line for starters clearing under the wooden bridge in Buchanan. The stop at Blossman Gas also offers photo opportunities while G01 picks up & sets out Liquefied Petroleum Gas #1075 tankers.  

#1. On February 6, NS HU #1069 Virginian leads NS G01 south on the Georgia Division C-line north of Buchanan Georgia. 

#2. NS G01 clears the old wooden bridge in Buchanan.

#3. NS G01 comes to a stop at the entrance road to the facility. Unfortunately I had a previous appointment scheduled and had to bail and missed several photo opportunities that are available at this location as they work the facility. 

….more to follow...

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 02/12/19 07:44
Re: A Change In Car Routing Yields Two Great NS Leading Units!!!

Yesterday less then a week later another G01 departs Cedartown this time with the NS #911 leading south on the C-line.This morning there is a thick as “pea soup” fog to contend with but catching any special painted NS units on the C-line is something you just don't pass up. And today I would be able to capture many of the associated moves at this location. 

#4. On February 11, NS #911 Honoring First Responders unit clears the old wooden bridge in Buchanan. 

#5. G01 comes to a stop at the entrance road to the facility as the crew goes through a job briefing with the facility operator. 

#6. With a spacer car in place G01 makes their first move of several on this foggy morning in Buchanan Georgia. 

….more to follow...

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 02/12/19 07:47

#7. G01 makes the shove onto the facility tracks. 

#8. After picking up a tank car on the #1 track they placed it over on the #2 track. 

#9. G01 returns to tack #1 and picks up 4 more empty tank cars. 

G01 would continue to work this facility and end up placing a cut of loaded cars there before heading south.There wasn't enough time today for me to follow this train south into Bremen and onto Carrollton. Perhaps another opportunity for that on another day. 
Thanks for your visit to this post!!!

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 02/12/19 07:52
Author: richs

Once again...a great post.  I'm partial to the Virginian!
Rich S

Date: 02/13/19 06:00
Author: Notch7

The last pic definiterly would be a NS Calendar pic.  Great pics all.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0603 seconds