Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > RBMN's Nesquehoning Bridge construction update

Date: 02/16/19 12:35
RBMN's Nesquehoning Bridge construction update
Author: Pattenburg

Lehigh Gorge Scenic Rwy was running excursion trips on February 16th and 17th in conjunction with Jim Thorpe's (PA) celebration "Winterfest". This allowed for me an opportunity to continue documenting the progress that has been made regarding their new bridge over the Lehigh River at Nesquehoning Junction. That first photo was taken back on December 29, 2018 when they ran a "Winter Characters Train". Saturday's second photo was of the 11 AM excursion as it crossed over the Lehigh River. Considering how mild this winter has been when compared to previous winters, I would say progress is coming along quite nicely. As to an anticipated completion date I can't say when it will become operational.

Date: 02/16/19 21:35
Re: RBMN's Nesquehoning Bridge construction update
Author: ts1457

Thanks for the update. Very exciting!

Looks like it will be one heavy-duty bridge.

Date: 02/17/19 17:19
Re: RBMN's Nesquehoning Bridge construction update
Author: OCtrainguy

Thanks for the updated photo.  Saturday's sunshine brought what I am guessing was an =12ptunexpectedly large crowd into Jim Thorpe for their Winterfest.  I took me over a half hour to get from the new Route 903 bridge and into downtown Jim Thorpe.  Route 209 was all jammed up and I missed the eleven o'clock train leave the station. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/19 17:22 by OCtrainguy.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds