Home Open Account Help 348 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Delaware-Lackawanna activity Saturday 3/9

Date: 03/14/19 13:50
Delaware-Lackawanna activity Saturday 3/9
Author: sscannella

Been a few months since I've been back to the homeland of Scranton, PA, and was finally able to make a trip north last weekend.  Saturday was bright with moderating temperatures, and I was hoping to capture recently activated M630 DL 3007, which I had seen was headed east on the Pocono main earlier in the week.  I did not know if it was back in Scranton or tied up at the grain mill in Mt. Pocono, PA.  Scouring around town, I saw Mohawk, Adirondack, and Northern 2453 (which was in Scranton for servicing) was idling and a sand train to Carbondale was staged at Scranton, but no sign of the Pocono Main power near Bridge 60.  A trip down the the shops in South Scranton found the 3000 along with the  211, and numerous other units around the shops, but again none of the current units assigned to the Pocono Main there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/19 17:38 by sscannella.

Date: 03/14/19 13:55
Re: Delaware-Lackawanna activity Saturday 3/9

My theory of the power being left at Mt. Pocono was then confirmed when I received a message from a friend indicating that there was a DL train near East Stroudsburg, so the power and some cars had travelled east, apparently to service WestRock which is located between East Stroudsburg and Mt. Pocono.  Although I hustled out east as they were reportedly heading back west, I missed them by less than a minute in Cresco, but was able to get back to Fairview Rd in Mt. Pocono as they were headed back to the mill to make a pick-up before returning home to Scranton.  While the crew was preparing to make their pickup, I got a shot of the mill switcher and this turkey just outside the mill looking for handouts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/19 13:56 by sscannella.

Date: 03/14/19 13:59

The main object of attention, the 3007, was tucked in 5th for the return trip to Scranton (it had led when they came east earlier in the week).  i was able to get this view with crew members riding the move into the mill to make their pick-up.  Once they had the train back together, I was able to grab some shots a Pocono Summit, then at Tobyhanna, where they stopped to make a set-off of Cresco lumber.

Date: 03/14/19 14:01

Here we have a going-away view of the 3007 at Tobyhanna, then a couple views at Myrtle Street in Scranton as the PO75 was just about home.

Date: 03/14/19 14:05

Finally, three videos, first arriving at Mt Pocono, then departing from teh mill at Pocono Summit, then arriving in Scranton at Myrtle St.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/14/19 14:28
Author: CNJ1524

2045 Needs a bath, she has Alco dust all over her

Date: 03/14/19 14:36
Author: perklocal

Great Stuff !  Very nice videos. I really like the blast off from Pocono Summit !

Date: 03/14/19 16:47
Author: CNW8531

Your Alco shots are amazing! What a fabulous consist!

Date: 03/14/19 17:14
Author: highgreengraphics

Great shots from a piece of Alco Heaven, I've got to get back there again! === === = === JLH

Date: 03/14/19 17:32
Author: OCtrainguy

Real nice series with your photos and video!  I am really wanting to get up that way again to photo the DL.  

Date: 03/14/19 19:14
Author: stevelv

Outstanding video and photos!  That footage at Pocono Summit was thoroughly enjoyed buy this life long fan of Alco's..

Date: 03/15/19 04:49
Author: Chooch

Love those ALCO's.

Jim
Hatboro, PA

Date: 03/15/19 05:09
Author: ns1000

Very nice..!!  Thanks for posting.

Date: 03/17/19 09:50
Author: goneon66

great videos, thanks for posting........

Date: 03/17/19 11:40
Author: coach

I love seeing all the healthy carload business on this line--serving their customers!

Date: 03/18/19 20:19
Author: rbenko

The hogger did you a solid there on the Pocono Summit video - he really notched it out!!  

Great stuff - thanks for sharing!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0854 seconds