Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > MI: Ford to expand operations at Flat Rock and nearby

Date: 03/20/19 08:28
MI: Ford to expand operations at Flat Rock and nearby
Author: Lackawanna484

Ford Motor has announced several changes which should boost rail traffic in southeast Michigan.

CNBC says there will be a second shift added at Flat Rock,and that plant will switch over to building electric vehicles in the near future.  Including an electric vehicle "inspired by the Mustang". And Ford will build an electric vehicle finish center at a nearby location, possibly in conjunction with VW.  Ford and VW already cooperate on EV development.

Ford is expected to continue work on an electric vehicle plant in Mexico

(I was suprised to learn that Ford employs more UAW represented employees than any other vehicle maker.  I know UAW represents a huge number of state and local workers, but I figured GM had more UAW employees than Ford.)

Link to WXYZ

Date: 03/20/19 08:41
Re: MI: Ford to expand operations at Flat Rock and nearby
Author: FloridaTrainGuy

I recently bought Ford stock.  It's up slightly since I bought it but it is paying almost a 7% dividend which is the real reason I grabbed it.  Still remember when it was $2 ten years ago!

Date: 03/20/19 09:35
Re: MI: Ford to expand operations at Flat Rock and nearby
Author: ClubCar

FloridaTrainGuy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recently bought Ford stock.  It's up slightly
> since I bought it but it is paying almost a 7%
> dividend which is the real reason I grabbed it. 
> Still remember when it was $2 ten years ago!
I wish you all the best with your investment; however, keep in mind that a 7% dividend is really nice, but it can be cut at any time by the Ford Board of Directors, and then if that happens, the price of the stock will most likely go down fairly quickly.  This has happened with many companies over the years.  Case in point: General Electric Co (GE).
John in White Marsh, Maryland

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0624 seconds