Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CN 8809 GECX 7395 West, Tuesday, April 9, 2019.

Date: 04/11/19 17:47
CN 8809 GECX 7395 West, Tuesday, April 9, 2019.
Author: Ron

It's just about Spring up here. The Robins have returned.

It's almost a waste of time trying to shoot video of the CN here in Battle Creek, Michigan. A 12000 foot, or longer, train can take 15 minutes or more just passing my location. Unless I can go out in the country and catch them doing at least 40 MPH, any video I take will just be too long to post anywhere, and I'll be the first to admit, any video over about 3 minutes usually finds me looking for something else.

I worked on this one and finally got it down to 'Only" 4 minutes. It turned out pretty good.

CN 8809 GECX 7395 West, Tuesday, April 9, 2019, at about 7:45 PM. At MP 165 CN South Bend Subdivision, Climax, Michigan.

Ron

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/11/19 18:48
Re: CN 8809 GECX 7395 West, Tuesday, April 9, 2019.
Author: goneon66

nice video.  i also have the same problem with slow long trains on the bnsf's seligman sub in either struggling up or sliding down kingman canyon which is usually close to 6 minutes long.  my other choice is to choose places where these huge trains are running at least 40 mph but are usually less scenic.

i like seeing the cn trains on your videos...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/19 21:24 by goneon66.

Date: 04/12/19 00:31
Re: CN 8809 GECX 7395 West, Tuesday, April 9, 2019.
Author: Ron

goneon66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i also have the same problem with slow long trains on the bnsf's seligman sub in either struggling up or sliding down kingman canyon which is usually close to 6 minutes long. 

I totally agree with you. Where I'm located, the trains are usually arriving from Chicago, so they are following signal indications and have to slow right down. And a 10 minute, or longer, video is normal for me.

I don't monitor any radios or have any heads up about what is happening. If I see a signal lined up, it's like OK......can I get out of town fast enough to catch it moving at a decent speed, where I can actually post it somewhere.
I see quite a few trains here in town, and I'll shoot video of them, but if it's too long, then I don't normally do anything with the video. Unless now.......if I know the crew on them, then I'll try to get it down enough to post it somewhere. A lot of them go on Facebook. Trainorders has a limit, which I agree with, while Facebook does too, but I can usually post to Facebook.

One option that is available to me, is to edit it so it runs faster, maybe 2 times normal speed, that will cut the time in half, but it's kind of difficult to do that and not make it so obvious. Especially at crossings, gee that horn sounds funny.  I've only ever done that one time here on Trainorders, edited it to play at 1.5 normal speed.

A couple things that I've never told anyone here, I'm actually 100% disabled. Both knees been replaced, I retired on a disability when I was 58, so I'm pretty limited to catching trains where I can park along side the track and catch them.

This video of the CN 8809 West is number 231 that I've posted here on Trainorders.

Thanks for your comments!!

Ron

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0442 seconds