Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NE Ohio road closure for track removal ??

Date: 04/17/19 06:50
NE Ohio road closure for track removal ??
Author: richs

I know this is going to be a very vague question, but here it is:  A co worker came into the shop today and told me of a story on the early morning Cleveland Fox 8 newscast of a road closure for the next few days due to a track removal project.  He thought it was south of Cleveland, but not sure where.  Other than it is obviously in the viewing area.  Knowing there are several TO members in the general area I though it can't hurt to ask!
Rich S  

Date: 04/17/19 07:26
Re: NE Ohio road closure for track removal ??
Author: F2Craft_Rail

I’m not sure about track removal, but I know CSX has had some crossings closed between Grafton and Berea for MoW.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/17/19 07:37
Author: ts1457

Maybe "renewal" instead of "removal"?

Date: 04/17/19 07:42
Author: richs

F2Craft_Rail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’m not sure about track removal, but I know CSX
> has had some crossings closed between Grafton and
> Berea for MoW.
>
> Posted from iPhone

I bet you are correct.  He thought he heard RT 83.  This makes sense renewal not removal.. 
Thanks to you both.

Date: 04/17/19 14:29
Author: Emmo213

Yep, CSX has been closing some roads for about a week or so while they're doing work over in Lorain County. It's not for removal though. 

Date: 04/17/19 18:04
Author: baltimore

Graham Rd in Silver Lake is being closed for a couple of days to remove the rail in the road. Trackage is x-Pennsy on the line from Akron to Hudson. Trackage has been unused for years but is owned by Akron Metro last I heard.

Silver Lake has been a problem in the past. Several years ago they spent a small fortune trying to prevent a dinner train from running on this section of track. They were terrified of all the crashes that would happen at this clear view and gated crossing if there were to be trains running on the line a few times a week. They lost their case, but anoher community also filed to block the dinner train and the operator just gave up.

Not sure what the agreement is to remove the rail but future rail service in the area is a possibility given all the industrial parks popping up nearby. Always the possibility of  Akron to Cleveland commuter trains on the route - remote but at least mentioned every once in a while by local government.

Baltimore

Date: 04/21/19 08:23
Author: emd_mrs1

Generally speaking based on recent crossing closures on the CSX route into Newport News, they are making the crossings much rougher and much more humpbacked which will cause trucks to get hung up on them.

Quite a project.

Michael

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.045 seconds