Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Chicago Line-before the chase?

Date: 04/17/19 13:28
NS Chicago Line-before the chase?
Author: bath_wildcat

The day started out there by me missing an Intermodal that came out of the South yard.  Power was 96?? and 9300.  Not sure what was up with that, however it went eastbound.  

Then this little gem showed up.  I was quite surprised to see it, so I did a quic switch to my 55-200 lens and that is at the full 200.  This is an Erikson S-64 twin engine Sky Crane.  I wish I knew which one actually flew overhead as thaqt would be the key to knowing where shes been.  It was quite the sight no less, and for me on I havent seen in 6 years (the last time I saw one was in Myrtle Beach, SC flying due south along the shore).  If anyone knows the name of this one please comment.  I would like to know. 

Then 14A came into view with UP Tier IV 2707 leading NS 9580.  Those Tier IV GE units sound weird.  

Then I tried to zoom on this Eastbound Intermodal.  Seems I did pretty good. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/17/19 13:31
Re: NS Chicago Line-before the chase?

Power was NS 9488 and NS 8034.  Never did get the symbol. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/17/19 13:33

A westbound Intermodal finally comes by.  I was getting a bit restless, and hoped that there would be something, wel there was this time.  

Power was NS 1047, 9615, and 9178 all elephant style. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/17/19 13:40

Then what shocked me was this westbound Empty Ethanol.  Solid BNSF lashup.  

Led by BNSF 5716, 6720 and Tier IV 3929

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/17/19 13:44
Author: delvalrailfan

9488 east was 294

Andrew Pine

Date: 04/17/19 13:46

Then a westbound 5 unit light power move consisting of NS 7262, NS 4112, NS 2624, NS Whiteface 2591, and UP SD70ACe 8460.  

The going away picture has an older couple that are thinking about taking the Capital Limited to Washington, DC.  By chance I actually got them in the going away picture, however unintentional it was.  I tried to assist the best way I know how, knowing from the three times I had already rode the Capital Limited to Cumberland, MD and to Washington, DC.  The lady seemed interested in what I did as a railfan, so I was happy to explain just a short version. 

That was the last train for the day I would get on the Chicago Line as something bigger and better awaited.  Details in my next thread, and yes I chose to keep them seperate as it is the right hing to do. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 04/17/19 15:00
Author: SeaboardMan

Can’t help with the sky Crain, but I did fly them in the Pa Guard.  Neat machines.
john

Date: 04/17/19 16:05
Author: dschlegel

SeaboardMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can’t help with the sky Crain, but I did fly
> them in the Pa Guard.  Neat machines.
> john

There was a skycrane in the Reading PA area this week installing transmission towers, I wonder if it’s the same one?
This article says the helicopter was out of the Akron area:

https://www.readingeagle.com/news/article/giant-skycrane-airlifts-massive-utility-pole-apparatus-to-power-line-project-crossing-ledgerock-golf-course-in-cumru-township

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/19 16:07 by dschlegel.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0583 seconds