Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX empty oil trains with mixed freight on Conrail Lehigh Line

Date: 05/05/19 18:42
CSX empty oil trains with mixed freight on Conrail Lehigh Line
Author: OCtrainguy

I got trackside yesterday (5/4) at Piscataway, NJ on the Shared Assets Lehigh Line.  Had a pretty good day seeing 13 trains in about 8 hours, which includes the usual lunchtime slow down on the line.  Of note to me, were a pair of CSX empty oil trains coming up out of Philadelphia.  Both trains picked up mixed freight along the way, I want to say Woodbourne (PA) and maybe Manville (NJ).  It did make for an interesting train to see once the engines rolled by.  And the engines themselves were cool to see as both trains had foreign power.  

1.  CSX K139 with CP 9763 leading BNSF 4994 (H2) and BNSF 8025 (H3)
2.  Traling BNSF engines on the K139
3.  A CSX coil car and the approaching change between mixed freight and the buffer car for the tanker cars. 

A few more to follow...  

Date: 05/05/19 18:44
Re: CSX empty oil trains with mixed freight on Conrail Lehigh Lin

The other mixed freight/empty oil train was the CSX K603.  

4.  The K603 was powered by CEFX 1057, an AC44
5.  CP 9737 was the trailing engine
6.  A former Family Lines covered hopper

A video of each train will follow next..  

Date: 05/05/19 18:58
Author: sparky52t

Nice location, nice angle, nice photos!

Date: 05/05/19 19:04

7.  A shortened video of the CSX K139.  There was a slowdown of morning eastbound trains between Potter and Aldene for reasons unknown to me.  So the K139 began to slow down as well.
8.  The CSX K603 with the  CEFX and CP combo

Overall, it was good to be trackside.  Just hope the weather cooperates a little better next time.  It was overcast and had about 2 1/2 hours of light rain in the late morning.  Hope you enjoy the photo and videos!  

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0305 seconds